The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 black and M lens combo (24+75)

sisoje

FS: 2 amazing Leica lenses in MINT (like new) condition, and immaculate M8 black body. Hurry up, lens prices are going up in January (did U know?)!

1) Leica Telephoto 75mm f/1.4 Summilux M Manual Focus Lens (6-Bit, Updated for Digital).

xtremely fast for a 75 mm lens, its f 1.4 speed makes this lens ideally suited for available light photography, particularly in portraiture and photojournalism. It is also an excellent lens for large contrasts in brightness that you might encounter in concerts, theaters or in a circus. Unique optical glasses and an optimized optical computation give this high-speed lens unexcelled performance characteristics. Among other features, experts especially value its great freedom from reflections and the delicate gradation of its tonal rendition. With built-in sliding lens hood.

This lens has been updated with the "6-bit" coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a "final stage" software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).

• Includes "6-bit code" which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata

• Ideal available-light high-speed lens

This lens is discontinued, and very sought after any Leica shooter (film or digital)...

PRICE: $2700

2) Leica Wide Angle 24mm f/2.8 Elmarit M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens (6-Bit, Updated for Digital)

This special lens design features an aspherical lens surface, giving this compact unit outstanding contrast and detail rendition even at full aperture. An accessory brilliant viewfinder #12019 is needed for checking the field of view, whereas focusing and exposure metering are performed through the camera's own viewfinder. This high-performance lens also makes it possible to work efficiently in cramped quarters. It adds a more dynamic feeling to close-up pictures and it gives landscape photographs significantly more depth.

This lens has been updated with the "6-bit" coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a "final stage" software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).

• Includes "6-bit code" which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata

PRICE: $2600

Both lenses are in MINT (Like new) condition, with both caps and pouch/box.

3) Leica M8 BLACK body, MINT

Comes with complete box/papers/case AND extra items:

- Extra battery
- Dedicated rubber eye cup
- Diopter
- Voightlander double hot shoe adapter
- AND FOUR, yes I said 4 UV/IR filters!!!...

I am the original owner and never had ANY issues known for this digital Digital rangefiinder.

Price: $2550

FINEPRINT:

Please, add shipping/handling/PP fees to the total.
Canada shipping: $25
US shipping: 35
Any 2 items: -$100US (discount)
Any 3 items: -$150US (discount)
Thanks for numerous "TRADE" offers, but I need only $$...

sisoje

I am leaving the country on 11th... Need to sell this off by then. Contact me with your best offers (no insults, please)... I am listening...

sisoje

Limited time Price reduction till Dec. 10th:

M8: $2400 (original Kit only, no extra items)

75mm: $2550

This is to try to move this stuff before I leave. Otherwise, It will stay unsold until February 15th...

Let's go people!

sisoje

Last bump before I leave the country... Anyone?
Offer expires on Saturday, Dec. 12. 2009... Camera and 75mm lens won't be available after this date (until Feb. 10, 2010).
Thanks.