The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 90mm 'Cron-M 6-bit

John Black

Leica 90mm Summicron-M, E55 Filter, non APO, 6-bit Coded
$950 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US

The 90 'Cron just came back from DAG for a CLA and 6-bit coding. The lens performed great, but I felt the focus ring could be smoother. Don cleaned and re-lubricated and now the focus is smooth with a fairly light focus action / touch. I also asked Don to have the lens coded. This lens has served me very well, but I decided to sell the M8 about a month ago, so I'd like to sell the lens. There are plenty of pix taken with lens here, click "Sample Pictures by Lens & Camera" and then click on the 90mm Summicron.

The lens is in terrific condition. Focus was excellent with my M8 and I felt very comfortable shooting the 90mm wide open and without any type of magnifier. Glass looks like new - no cleaning marks or scratches. Focus ring is smooth as silk. Aperture clicks cleanly. There is some minor paint loss and the barrel and lettering is faded, but not worn off. Lens comes with its front & rear caps. I originally purchased the lens from KEH as an EX+. Sale will include DAG's receipt for $220, and I might still have the KEH receipt too (if that matters to anyone).