The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: LNIB Leica 50/1.4 Summilux 6 Bit Latest

cgthanos

For sale is the absolute latest version of the Summilux 50/1.4, 6-Bit coded for $3495 shipped, purchased 3 weeks ago at Hunt's in Melrose, MA. I absolutely love this lens, and I'm sure I don't need to go into detail about its strengths as it is widely regarded as the best 50, outside of the f/0.95 noctilux, that Leica sells. Unfortunately for my bank account, I have found a "good" deal on a new noctilux that I can't pass up, and thus the summilux is for sale.

I've used it for a total of about 5-6 hours, and it remains in as-new condition. Unfortunately, I just sent in the warranty paperwork to Leica 2 days ago. As such, I will be happy to intervene with Leica should any warranty work be required, as the 3-yr passport warranty will be under my name. I am also trying to intercept the paperwork to get it reversed, allowing the buyer to be on the warranty. Either way, I will personally guarantee that I will make every effort to facilitate warranty claims over the 3 year period.

This lens is currently sold out world wide, and will not be available for several months. At that time, after Dec. 31, there will be an 8-15% increase on the list price of the lens. The current list price is $3595. I am asking $3495 shipped for the lens. My loss on sales tax and MSRP will be a combined $325, which will serve as a lesson to me to be more patient in the future :)

Please see feedback for me at fredmiranda (cthanos), ebay (cgthanos), and audiogon (cgthanos).

My camera body is currently being calibrated, so I apologize for an iphone image of the lens below. Also below that is a sample shot from the lens. Please PM with questions.