Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: What's it worth: Leica R4 & 35Cron

Post Thanks / Like

What's it worth: Leica R4 & 35Cron

Cleaning out the equipment closet and came across my old R4 which is cosmetically beautiful and seems to work fine (haven't run a role in a while). The lens is a 35 cron with the pullout shade. It has good glass but is really ugly.

Anyone have a sense of what these might be worth. Think I can do a trade in on a M9?

Oslo, Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's it worth: Leica R4 & 35Cron

Not sure what its worth, but I know its far from being worth the same as a M9. Sorry. Check ebay or

Here are some sites that you could check:

Unless you really want to get rid of the gear, I would shoot with it once in a while, as you're not going to get a lot for it.

Film gear seems to have fallen into some distinct categories:
    (1) The lenses can be used with digital bodies, such as Leica M, Nikon, Canon, etc.
    (2) Where they cannot, such as Mamiya 6 and 7.
    (3) With Leica R gear (and Hasselblad V to some extent), the lenses can be used on digital bodies, but the digital bodies/backs are very expensive.

This seems to determine to some extent the prices on the user market.

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought an R4; $195 Supposed to be in good shape, but no beauty (still in the mail). The lens is worth quite a bit more would be my guess.

leif e
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or aiŽd), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d