The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ Pro-II complete system: "Smoking Hot Deal"

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
I can see Guy knitting :)
I can see Guy upgrading his knitting kit. Then downgrading it. Then switching to Crochet. Then doing Crochet and Embroidery. Then getting a loom. Then selling the loom. Then selling the Embroidery. Then lamenting how you just can't get good knitting needles anymore. Then buying an old knitting kit. Then...

:cool:
heh.

Last edited:

fotografz

Some clarifications concerning this camera system based on questions e-mailed to me since listing this for sale.

Virtually every digital back made will work on this camera. The most prolific mount for digital backs is the Hasselblad V, and is available from every back manufacturer (for example Leaf offers all their backs in what they call the "Universal Mount" which is simply a Hasselblad V mount, and Sinar offers an adapter to use their backs on any RZ model.) The Mamiya RZ and Hasselblad V are the most supported cameras available. A Hasselblad V to Mamiya RZ adapter is then employed, which is also prolific in availability by both the manufacturers allowing you to use your digital back on the RZ and Hasselblad 500 cameras as well as others by purchasing other adapters.

The Mamiya ZD back and Hasselblad H2, H3 backs are the exception to this ... however, Mamiya has finally brought out a RB adapter and the RZ adapter is about a month away. My concentration on the H3D system means I have the one back made that can't be used on this camera ... which is the only reason I am selling it.

When using a digital back or a film back, the back rotates from portrait to landscape, you do not rotate the camera.

Focusing is extraordinarily easy with this camera. The focusing screen is huge and very bright, plus you do not focus the lens, focus is achieved by means of knobs located on both sides of the camera body, and includes a micro adjust inner knob for precision focus.