The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Buy and Sell Format: New

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning folks we get a lot of requests for users to change things in there ads and such.The issue is this is the normal format of the forum just like posts in a thread and has a time limit which is one hour. The issue here is something being changed after a hour than the thread makes no sense if someone deletes or alters there post. Almost every forum is set up like this for good reason.
Well the buy and sell is the same format and we can't seperate that so you can make changes .Which would be nice and we understand that. So unless we buy a add on package than that is what we have. Been avoiding that since we are small and also don't want to start charging for ads. We don't want to compete with other buy and sell sites and we do recommend the LUF for more exposure . But we do want to provide this to our members, we just have to deal with the limitations as members. Now if you really screw up than actually report it since we all get the report and someone can make a change. There are 4 of us and only one of us resides outside of California , me and it's only a hour difference , so please be aware of our sleep schedule . Which personally I have none.

So going forward you sell something just get a post in there it is sold. Also remember the FS, WTB, WTT symbols commonly used. Also if you want a edit or something like that and it is critical to your first post in the ad . Than do a rewrite and copy and paste in the report so we can just copy and paste it, please make it easy all around. Thanks for your support , the GetDPI team.

gogopix

Subscriber
Very reasonable, Guy. I think we all appreciate the exposure to buying and selling (though I only did THAT once, and bought it back from Kit a year later!:ROTFL:

Good idea about the 'SOLD" post. It will also show as the 'mouse over' when you look at the laterst for thet thread, so make SOLD one of the early words in that post.

This is great stuff. It would NOT be inappropriate for you to suggest a SMALL donation to defre costs, from either buyer (if he got a 'steal') or more often a pleased seller.

I actually think this service is most beneficial to buyers since it enormously increases confidence buying from someone known to the group.

warm regards and Thanks
Victor

Guy Mancuso

Anyone wants to donate that is always okay we do have tremendous support from Andy and i am sure he has real costs involved. Jack can advice on this

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We can always use any and all financial support! I would suggest anybody feeling they are getting good value from our B&S forum to feel free to make a paypal contribution as they see fit. Note that "micro" payments get eaten up with fees -- so one donation of $30 is significantly better than 15 donations of $2...

The PayPal email for this site is [email protected]

Thanks,

Guy Mancuso

BTW folks its time for spring cleaning. I keep hearing yea i got one of those and need to sell it. Well get in those closets and let's see what you have. It's Saturday what else better you have to do , house choirs. Your spouse will love ya for cleaning out at least one closet. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
LUF = "Leica User Forum" --- a lot of our members here are Leica shooters :)

But your point is well made --- our site has grown and morphed to suit a much larger audience over the past several months, and it may be time for me to pull down that reference ;)

Guy Mancuso

Folks let's put prices in the ads . I noticed some without and frankly just makes it harder for buyers to know what things may cost them. or if there even interested. Thanks for helping out. Guy

Also if item sells Please just mark it sold in the next post. Just trying for us to be a efficient place to buy and sell.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Just a suggestion, Guy and Jack—if the software allows, can you make just the title able to be edited? That way, the "SOLD" could be added and people browsing would know not to look further.

I just sent $50 to show you that I love yous all (that's an Aussie expression the great Jeff Fenech made famous; Google him).

cheers and hello Victor

Guy Mancuso

Just a suggestion, Guy and Jack—if the software allows, can you make just the title able to be edited? That way, the "SOLD" could be added and people browsing would know not to look further.

I just sent $50 to show you that I love yous all (that's an Aussie expression the great Jeff Fenech made famous; Google him).

cheers and hello Victor
Thanks my friend and the bad news is we can't edit the titles for some reason. Otherwise that would be a perfect solution I agree. Let me look again because certainly a great way to clean up sold items. i don't want to delete them because they serve as reference for buying and selling and the main reason we want prices in the ads.

Guy Mancuso

I stand corrected I can actually do the SOLD on the title, found a away but for users not sure we can