The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon 9000 MF scanner LNIB

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have not used this scanner but maybe 6 times, so it is in "Like New" condition. Includes the original box and all original holders, software and paperwork. In addition I have the optional Anti-Newton Glass film holder with all the inserts, also like new shape -- you really need this holder and use the 9000's multi-pass features to get near drum-scan quality from this scanner.

Asking $2750 shipped US and paypal'd for the entire kit. (Note, this item is too large to ship economically outside the US.)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nope. I know me, and know I so prefer the direct digital workflow I will likely never shoot film again.

Don Libby

I've got to admit - I agree w/Jack on this. I just can't see myself shooting film again. Of course I'l also not ready to see my Epson 750 as I use it for other purposes. Good luck with the sale Jack as the Nikon 9000 is a great machine!

Don

dseelig

Hey guys I was not trying to start a debate LOL. though I jsut started shooting Black and white film again just a little. Good Luck Jack Great scanner.

tjv

You are killing me with this. Straight to the heart! I'd love one of these but can't have all the toys / tools can I?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You are killing me with this. Straight to the heart! I'd love one of these but can't have all the toys / tools can I?
Sure you can! Did you read the subtitle for this forum? :ROTFL:

And as you are probably aware, these are no longer in production, so possibly the last of the great MF scanners available at a reasonable price. If you search eBay, you'll see they regularly sell for $2700 without the AN glass adapter, which regularly sells for $300 or so used, so IMO this is a pretty good bargain for somebody who wants one.

And it will go to eBay next Tuesday with a $2995 BIN, PLUS shipping if it has not sold here...

Don Libby

Go ahead and get it you know it comes from a good home. Besides it's early in the year you'll regret it this time next year if you don't.

How's that for being an enabler :eek: :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Go ahead and get it you know it comes from a good home. Besides it's early in the year you'll regret it this time next year if you don't.

How's that for being an enabler :eek: :ROTFL::ROTFL:
AFAIK, Tim lives... down under ;)

So i guess he has the same problem than me with this kind of offer, as Jack said overseas shipping is a long shot for this kind of equipment (despite the sensible sale price)... :deadhorse:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
AFAIK, Tim lives... down under ;)

So i guess he has the same problem than me with this kind of offer, as Jack said overseas shipping is a long shot for this kind of equipment (despite the sensible sale price)... :deadhorse:
Don't misunderstand me... I am happy to ship it anywhere in the world as long as the buyer is willing to pay for shipping --- which of course will probably be relatively expensive.

tjv

I'd happily pay for shipping because at the price you're listing this at, I'd still save $2000NZ on what the last new one here is known to have sold for! The price for these here is insane. I've got my own AN glass carrier because I have an 8000 at work and I've done literally thousands of MF scans with it. I've wanted my own unit for so long it's not funny as it's no treat sitting at work on my days off waiting for things to scan (and the 8000 takes about 40mins per 6x7 trannie with 4x sampling!) I could afford this, but I'd have to kiss goodbye to the three week break I'd planned to use photographing before work starts again in March.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The 8000 is a very good scanner too, but definitely a LOT slower than the 9000!

tjv

Must....resist........Don't send.....PM........ AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

"Bump" for this great scanner.