The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (maybe) Schneider 24/5.6 Apo Digitar

greygrad

As part of a deal on a couple of other lenses I'm interested in, I may end up with an extra (unmounted) Schneider 24/5.6 XL Apo-Digitar. The lens is in nice condition, with a new copal 0 shutter and a couple of small marks on the front retaining ring. Optics are fine. I just want to see if anyone would be interested in it before I get stuck with two of the things. Price would be around US$1500 + shipping. Cheers, Angus.

greygrad

I hope so - B&H photo have it listed at $2500+tax. Just in case anyone is reading this who owns a Cambo Wide RS/DS, to have it fitted in a Cambo Wide DS/RS mount would be round about $925.

greygrad

N.B. I don't have the lens yet, and I wouldn't hold anyone to anything. This is purely to see if there is interest.

greygrad

Re: FS Schneider 24/5.6 Apo Digitar

Ok, I went for the deal and have two of these now. Will post pictures when it arrives (probably a week or so).

(In case anyone is looking for one of these in a Cambo Wide RS/DS mount, the last one on eBay went for $3600, and new they're around $4700+tax. Buy this one, get it retro-fitted and save over $1100 used and $2200 new).

Last edited:

Don Libby

I’ve got this same lens and can truthfully say it’s a great lens at a great price (where were you when I was buying mine :D ). There’s little to no movement available on a WRS however this is wide enough where you don’t need any.

Again great lens at a great price - just my 2₵.

Don

greygrad

Thanks Don. These things are crazy expensive new, so hopefully when I post a few pictures it might generate some interest....if not it'll go the way of eBay.