The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon Coolscan 5000ED Scanner w/adapters and batch feeder

m_driscoll

Barely used Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED Scanner with SA-21 (strip film adapter), MA-21 (slide mount adapter), IA-20 (APS film adapter), and SF-210 (batch slide adapter, up to 50 slides). Thanks for looking.

Paypal Only. $1,500.00 + shipping (+/- $40 UPS ground CONUS). Email: [email protected] or Matt at 206.214.8839 (PST)

Exclusive core technologies Nikon has developed is what differentiates Nikon Coolscan film scanners from other film scanners with similar specifications. These highly advanced core technologies such as LED Light Source, Scanner Nikkor ED Glass Lens, Direct Film Loading, Multi-sample Scanning, and more combine to serve as the foundation for superior quality scanning, making the Coolscan scanner the best in its class. Nikon's Super Coolscan 5000 ED film scanner offers 4,000 dpi true optical resolution and A/D conversion at 16 bits, for superior-quality digital images. Furthermore, the Super Coolscan 5000 ED features industry-leading scanning speeds and scans a 35mm image in an astounding 20 seconds. Additionally, Nikon's Coolscan Scanner features a host of cutting-edge image restoration functions. These progressive image correction tools give scanner users more freedom in image manipulation, and help ensure super high-fidelity reproduction and highly efficient operation.

4000 dpi True Optical Resolution High resolution combined with a 16-bit A/D converter provides scans that capture all the detail and color of your original negative or slide

• Fast Scanning Nikon's Coolscan film scanners feature industry-leading scanning speeds. The Super Coolscan 5000 ED scans a 35mm image in 20 seconds. The scanner also provides Quick AF and Quick Preview

• Scanner Nikkor ED Glass Lens This Precision lens system greatly reduces chromatic aberration and image distortion, and delivers sharp images.

• LED Light Source This unique Light Source generates little heat, eliminating the risk of damage to films. It also requires no maintenance.

• Nikon Color Management System Provides consistently accurate reproduction of image data on monitors and in printouts. It is also compatible with ICC version 4 standards.

• Digital ICE-4 Advanced Comprises four cutting-edge image-correction components which help ensure superior image quality and operational efficiency. Digital ICE - Image Correction & Enhancement. Digital ICE removes defects or scratches on the surface of the film with out losing any details or any other elements of the original image* Digital ROC - Restoration Of Color Digital ROC brings faded color of old films or slides back to life. Enjoy vibrant, faithfully rendered images. Digital GEM - Grain Equalization & Management Digital GEM reduces the effects of film grain. The resulting images are sharp, clear and devoid of grain clumping or graininess. Digital DEE - Dynamic Exposure Extender Digital DEE helps reveal details hidden in shadows and highlights. It compensates for both underexposure and overexposure *Not compatible with non-chromogenic black & white film • Scan Image Enhancer Provides one-touch image correction. Automatic brightness and color saturation adjustments with no complicated control settings, make it easy to produce images with optimal contrast. • Multi-sample Scanning Removes virtually all the noise that can appear after only one scan and helps produce rich, noise-free images. By making as many as 16 passes, it ensures faithful reproduction with smoother gradation. • Direct Film Loading No film holders are necessary for 35mm film (2-6 frame strip) or mounted slides

See http://shop.ebay.com/items/nikon%20coolscan%205000%20ed?_dmd=1&_sop=12&rvr_id=&keyword=nikon+coolscan+5000+ed&crlp=1873148093_9400&MT_ID=475&tt_encode=raw

m_driscoll

Note: The link to Ebay was just a reference to show what they're selling for. I didn't list it on Ebay. I'll also consider reasonable offers. Thanks, Matt

m_driscoll

REDUCED TO $1,350 INCLUDING SHIPPING

I've been following the bidding on the EBAY link above. I'm reducing my asking price to $1,350 including shipping in CONUS. Payment , as noted above, by PayPal. Cheers.

m_driscoll

Someone's selling the same scanner and slide feeder on Ebay, with 2 days to go, for $1625. Consider this a "bump". Price is still $1350 with shipping in CONUS included.

Cheers

m_driscoll

Can you post pics of the unit :)?

Do you have the boxes? How much use has the scanner had?
Thanks!
Not that much use. Maybe 2-3,000 images. I'll check for the scanner boxes. I know i have the slide feeder box. I'll post some pictures later today.

Cheers,
Matt

m_driscoll

Here's a photo of the scanner and adapters. I have the manuals and original software (most current is available online). Can't find the box for the scanner. It will be double-boxed and insured when shipped. Cheers.

Just for reference, I just received a GF1 kit that I purchased from Matt. It is in excellent shape, just as he described. Fine guy to deal with, too! Good luck with the sale, Matt.

Reed

m_driscoll

Saturday Special! Price Reduced to $1,250

I'm reducing the price to $1,250 (includes shipping and insurance) to avoid having to sell it on fleabay. Cheers.

Matt

m_driscoll

NFS: Nikon Coolscan 5000ED Scanner w/adapters and batch feeder

Now listed in Ebay. So to be fair, I guess the sale is off here. Cheers.

A

arvido

Dear Matt,
REALLY SORRY I missed your offering! However, looks like fleabay will bring you a bit of a bonus! Congrats. Although I'll have to keep looking for a scanner, it looks like I did stumble on an impressive forum. Looking forward to benefiting from the wealth of info shared and hopefully making a contribution of my own.
Arvid

m_driscoll

Dear Matt,
REALLY SORRY I missed your offering! However, looks like fleabay will bring you a bit of a bonus! Congrats. Although I'll have to keep looking for a scanner, it looks like I did stumble on an impressive forum. Looking forward to benefiting from the wealth of info shared and hopefully making a contribution of my own.
Arvid
Arvid: Welcome to the forum. Sorry you missed out. I tried to sell it here. Cheers.