The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad 50mm f/2.8 F

carstenw

This lens is in absolutely great shape, with perfect glass and near-perfect body. It comes with front and rear caps and a nice metal Hasselblad hood, marked 50mm f/2.8. I am only selling because I bought an FE version.

Selling for 450 Euro plus shipping. Please check cost of shipping to your country before buying. I will take PayPal or bank transfer. More pictures on request.

carstenw

On Leica M cameras you cannot focus any lens, except lenses with M mount and a focus ramp... This lens is also a medium format lens, and even if an adapter exists, it would be absolutely huge and would block the viewfinder. Apart from those problems, it might be possible to adapt it :) It would make more sense to try to adapt it to a DSLR, but to be honest, 50/2.8 is not that impressive on 135 format. It is very impressive on MF though.

Last edited:

carstenw

Yeah, and many copies are pretty beat up. The price on this one is right, they often go for 600-700 Euro, with the FE going around 1000.

I forgot to mention: I have an eBay account with 100.0% and 190 ratings: cwhimster.

carstenw

Jim, I have already said so in the image thread, but I *love* your current series, just stunning.

JimCollum

Jim, I have already said so in the image thread, but I *love* your current series, just stunning.
thanks again! just trying to help with the sale.. this lens is too good to not be used by someone. I'm surprised it hasn't been bought yet

carstenw

I guess there isn't much of a market at the moment. I see two old auctions, one which didn't sell at $1159, and one which sold at $449 but which had a problem with the focusing ring and was being sold as-is for parts. My price is well towards the broken one, which seems fair.

Perhaps most people who are looking at these want the FE to have the option of getting a 203FE or similar camera? The FE is twice the price though, not necessarily trivial.

carstenw

A-ha! Do you have any 4x5 gear at all ;) I am looking for a good, fast 90mm lens, as well as a camera, although I am leaning strongly in the direction of a Chamonix 45N-1/2 and the Schneider 90mm f/5.6 APO-Symmar.

If you have stuff you don't use, why don't you just make a list and I will have a look if we can find a basis for a trade.

Last edited:

Jeremy

A-ha! Do you have any 4x5 gear at all ;) I am looking for a good, fast 90mm lens, as well as a camera, although I am leaning strongly in the direction of a Chamonix 45N-1/2 and the Schneider 90mm f/5.6 APO-Symmar.

If you have stuff you don't use, why don't you just make a list and I will have a look if we can find a basis for a trade.
Well, all of my gear is older stuff and based on your posts probably too beat up for your interests. Well, except for my 4x5 Chamonix, but I'm not trading that one!

Analog6

I'm interested, but I would need the adapter to use this on my H2, is that right? I have a 553elx film as well so it would do both. My original plan was to buy a CFV back for the elx, but I ended up getting an H2, 80mm, and P20 back for less than a CFV back. I've since bought the 150 & 210 lenses but do want a wider angle one.

Can anyone tell me what (if any) limitations there are when using the adapter with older lenses on the H2.

Jeremy

I'm interested, but I would need the adapter to use this on my H2, is that right? I have a 553elx film as well so it would do both. My original plan was to buy a CFV back for the elx, but I ended up getting an H2, 80mm, and P20 back for less than a CFV back. I've since bought the 150 & 210 lenses but do want a wider angle one.

Can anyone tell me what (if any) limitations there are when using the adapter with older lenses on the H2.
I don't believe you'll be able to use this lens with either of your cameras as it is an F lens w/o a shutter in it and both of your camera bodies lack focal plane shutters.

carstenw

Ssh, Jeremy :)

Yes, Jeremy is right: you cannot use F/FE lenses on 500-series or H cameras. Neither has a shutter in the body, and the F/FE lenses have no shutter in the lens.

It could work if you want to do really long exposures, by uncovering and covering the lens with a hat, like in the old days :)