The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Canon gear

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am basically using my MF kit for everything now, so have decided to sell my entire Canon kit. Here is what I have with what I think are fair asking prices. Local pick up in Los Altos, CA is welcome. I will ship inside the US via USPS, and anywhere in the world as long as the buyer is willing to pay for the actual shipping costs via FedEx insured. All items are in excellent condition with mint optics, and include caps and hood as well as boxes and all original paperwork unless otherwise indicated.

PRICES NOW INCLUDE US SHIPPING!

2) PENDING DEAL: Canon 16-35 version II L lens, very sharp, excellent hand-selected copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1195

5) SOLD: Canon 90 TSE. Excellent copy optically, but shows a lot of use on the barrel and hood, excellent glass and everything locks up tight and operates smoothly. No box. Asking $725

~~~

1) SOLD: Canon 1Ds3 with extra battery and RRS L bracket. Maybe 8K clicks total. This body has had the Canon factory auto focus sensor upgrade and focuses dead on. Asking $3995 for all.

3) SOLD: Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, very sharp, also hand selected and an excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1450

4) SOLD: Canon 24-70 f2.8, another very sharp hand-selected and excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UT date code. Asking $995

6) SOLD: Sigma 50mm f1.4 -- razor-sharp copy even wide open, very nice bokeh. Asking $395 >>> EDIT: I have recieved maybe a dozen questions about focus issues -- FWIW, this lens focused PERFECTLY on my 1Ds3, close or far, was very sharp and had great bokeh. It was so good, I preferred it to my 50/1.2 L (mostly due to better bokeh) and sold the 50 L when I got this lens.

7) SOLD: Canon 2x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

8) SOLD: Canon 1.4x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

9) SOLD: Canon 580 EX II flash with Canon off-shoe cable 2 included. Asking $385

PM or email me if interested. (jack-at-getdpi-dot-com).

Thanks,

kdphotography

Re: FS: All my Canon gear, 1Ds3, L lenses, flash, etc

Amazing how much of the same gear we have, Jack. (scaring you again, huh?) :D

...need to sit and stew on the 16-35.... I really really hate to buy anything that's not for medium format....

ken

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

...need to sit and stew on the 16-35.... I really really hate to buy anything that's not for medium format....

ken
Great minds my friend -- and the fact we know what minimum gear we need on hand to get 99% of the images we need ;)

Update: 1Ds3 is sold.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Good luck on your sales Jack. Someone should just get the whole kit and call it a day. Ready to hit the ground shooting

Don Libby

I’ve been a way for too long. Wait a minute I think I recognize a couple of these…:D

Great items at great prices. :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale Jack!

Don

bradhusick

Jack,
Allow me to pile on and offer my in-box, like new Sigma 12-24 HSM lens for $600. This would complete a full frame Canon DSLR kit.

Good luck with the sale.

Jack hand picks his lenses, so you know you're getting the best copies you can.

dseelig

HI Jack
It seems like yesterday I was telling you to get the upgrades done on your 1ds mk111. good Luck Jack

fotografz

ken
Ditto on the "hate to spend a dime on anything that isn't MFD" ... well ... except my M9 kit, which cost me the same as a MFD kit ...:ROTFL:

Jack gives good lens ... my assistant bought one of his hand picked older Canon wide zooms, and is producing some amazing results from it on her 5D.

-Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Erik:

Stuff is starting to move, so if you want that pristine and excellent 16-35, you should jump soon!

fotografz

I am basically using my MF kit for everything now, so have decided to sell my entire Canon kit. Here is what I have with what I think are fair asking prices. Local pick up in Los Altos, CA is welcome. I will ship inside the US via USPS, and anywhere in the world as long as the buyer is willing to pay for the actual shipping costs via FedEx insured. All items are in excellent condition with mint optics, and include caps and hood as well as boxes and all original paperwork unless otherwise indicated.

1) SOLD: Canon 1Ds3 with extra battery and RRS L bracket. Maybe 8K clicks total. This body has had the Canon factory auto focus sensor upgrade and focuses dead on. Asking $3995 for all.

2) Canon 16-35 version II L lens, excellent hand-selected copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1225

3) Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, also hand selected and an excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1450

4) SOLD 24-70 f2.8, also hand-selected and excellent. Hood shows light rub marks. UT date code. Asking $995

5) Canon 90 TSE. Excellent copy optically, but shows a lot of use on the barrel and hood, excellent glass and everything locks up tight and operates smoothly. No box. Asking $795

6) SOLD: Sigma 50mm f1.4 -- razor-sharp copy even wide open, very nice bokeh. Asking $395

7) Canon 2x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

8) SOLD: Canon 1.4x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

9) SOLD: Canon 580 EX II flash with Canon off-shoe cable 2 included. Asking $385

PM or email me if interested. (jack-at-getdpi-dot-com)
Jack, pardon the question in your F/S post ... but I'm curious wether the P65+ with Pixel Binning to get higher ISOs is one reason why you no longer need a DSLR ... I know it isn't quite the same, but did it get you close enough to then concentrate on MFD for most applications?

-Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jack, pardon the question in your F/S post ... but I'm curious wether the P65+ with Pixel Binning to get higher ISOs is one reason why you no longer need a DSLR ... I know it isn't quite the same, but did it get you close enough to then concentrate on MFD for most applications?

-Marc
Hi Marc:

There are three reasons, and that was definitely one of them. To be more precise, the P65+ binned at 1600 is virtually free of noise except in the deepest shadows, and 3200 is about as clean as my 1Ds3 was at 1600, so in reality I actually gained say a half-stop of ISO with the P65+ binned, though I suspect the 1D4 and 1Ds4 will move ahead marginally. In my case, I rarely need 3200, but do use 1600, and for when I need/want high ISO it is usually hand-held anyway, so the 15MP net resolution from the P65+ binned is adequate.

Second reason is the new DF body performance. It's AF is much faster and more accurate, and again that was one of the reasons I needed the DSLR, so that speed need got handled. Finally, shutter lag on the DF body is also improved and almost as short as the Canon now, so was kind of the icing on the cake to motivate the sale.

Bottom line is with these gains in my MF arena, the Canon kit was simply not going to used anymore. I've already added to my MF kit lens line and am now investigating a tech camera solution, so the Canon money gets recycled ;)

Ben Rubinstein

Heck but I saw this too late! I'm in the market for a 1Ds mkIII with all the repairs done and an L plate but I really want a reliable seller. Jack, you would have been it and more, I was just too slow. My fault for going away for a day, heck but I got a few good pictures at least :D.

Silently gnashing teeth, especially after finding out that there is no duty even on importing digital cameras to the UK (apart from a nasty 17.5% VAT but still, at that price...)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Only items 2, 5 and 7 remain!

Erik Five

Im tempted, but I have to pass Jack. I get a sweet discount from Canon so I will actually buy it new. I just need to sell a lightly used 14 2.8 first. LOL :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Only the 16-35 II and 90 TSE left!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: PRICES LOWERED! Canon 16-35II and 90 TSE

Deal pending on the 16-35, so for now, just the 90 is available.