The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Attn LF shooters!: Pentax Digital Spot Meter, Zone VI modified and loupe!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
LF shooters, pay attention ---- time for this TREASURE CHEST of LF gear to go! Been keeping these in case I ever got back into LF film shooting, but the reality is that isn't likely, so I've decided to let these rarities loose. I offer up three items, all packaged together at a great price:

1) A Zone VI modified Pentax Digital Spot meter. This is *T H E* meter for LF film shooters, hands down. They are virtually impossible to find, and when you do, usually very expensive, like over $500. Even the non-odified, stock versions are difficult to find. (The non-digital version is easier to find but far less desirable, and here the Zone VI versions of these usually still sell for over $300!) This meter is in excellent condition and works PERFECTLY! I have the original zip leather case and a neckstrap. I probably even one or two spare batteries I'll include, which sell for $20 each.

2) A Toyo 3x loupe. This is a basic loupe, not hard to find used and not expensive. It is great to keep in the bag for quick general focus check and as a back-up. I used it in conjunction with either my 8x or 10x Schneider's. It's worth about $30.

3) A Rodenstock slide-rule LF calculator. This is the little wheel device for LF shooters to calculate DoF's and Scheimpflug -- VERY handy and getting tough to find in stock. Also worth about 430 or $40.

ALL of the above to whoever, for $500 shipped US!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: Attn LF shooters!: Pentax Digital Spot Meter, Zone VI modified and loupe!

For all you LF shooters, this is a deal -- the Zone VI digital meter is IMPOSSIBLE to find nowadays!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Attn LF shooters!: Pentax Digital Spot Meter, Zone VI modified and loupe!

Man are you dating me I had one back in 1979. Awesome spot meter, learned the Zone system from Fred Picker

Mine was not digital but analog back than

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I've owned this meter since probably the mid 90's after I had been shooting LF for a few years. I started with a Minolta spot and it soon broke after swinging into a rock. So I tried the Gossen and Sekonic, but in the end, the Pentax digi was just the easiest to use, so I bought the Pentax. Then I found out how good the Zone VI upgrades were for outdoor landscape shooting -- way more accurate exposures at differing elevations and in differing lighting -- I was amazed at how different colors of light could throw off a meter by 1/3rd stop or more! Anyway, that's when I ended up with a Zone VI, and really don't recall missing an exposure after getting it ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Here is a snap of everything included:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

SOLD