The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica M8 beauty

tom in mpls

Last month I bought a used M8 from popflash. Today an M9 found me, so I must sell the M8. It is black, in excellent cosmetic condition. It has no scratches or dings. I have added a Giottos Aegis SP8250 glass cover to the back LCD. The upper metal plate shows a few, very minor rubs that will not even show in a picture. The bottom plate is perfect, and has the plastic cover still in place. The rest of the body also looks like new. The camera has worked perfectly for me. Manual, strap, original box, USB cable, battery, and charger included.

$2450 includes paypal and insured shipping via USPS priority mail. US only.

I have been doing some business recently at this forum, but I also have many dozen positive feedbacks at fredmiranda.com under this same username. Please look at my feedback there as I have earned a sterling reputation. Log in there and use this link to read my feedback.

Last edited:

D&A

Tom,

I've put out the saucer of milk, and a plate of biscuits and no M9 body ever found it's way to my front door...just a bunch of strays (nice ones though)...so sounds like your lucky day! Best of luck with the "new find"....and feed it lots of SD cards and keep its battery warm :)

Dave (D&A)

tom in mpls

I've put out the saucer of milk, and a plate of biscuits and no M9 body ever found it's way to my front door...just a bunch of strays (nice ones though)...so sounds like your lucky day! Best of luck with the "new find"....and feed it lots of SD cards and keep its battery warm :)
Dave, it's a good story. For the last couple weeks I have called to various stores around the country. You should hear the gales of laughter when I ask if they have an M9 in stock. When they recover, they ask me if I want to put a deposit down and get in line, but I decline. I tried a new store today, and the clerk and I shared a nice laugh. But then, he said, "Yes!". And it was a black one, just what I wanted. BTW I asked if he had any more, but, unfortunately, I got his only one.

Here are my cats, already waiting at the door for the UPS truck to arrive!

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Tom,

What a wonderful story...but what's this about unfortunately their having only one? We're you planning to purchase a pair of them (M9's) at the same time..LOL!
Love the image of you cats. I've been a dog owner and lover since I was 5 years old and recently someone turned me onto cats and I was hooked too...especially when they open their big round wide eyes and say" I'm your master...give me a scratch :) I'm hooked! Looking forward to your experiences with the M9...I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Dave (Dave)

Last edited:

Carterofmars

Cute photo. Congrats on the 9. I just recent purchased an M8.2 and I'm in love with it. I have a Zeiss Ikon Black with grip in mint I was looking to sell and I got someone who'd like to even trade his M6 black with grip with me. His in near mint. maybe rate a 9 from his description... very tempted.

I love cats too.

tom in mpls

what's this about unfortunately their having only one? We're you planning to purchase a pair of them (M9's) at the same time?
:eek: Two? No. I know some are on waiting lists or otherwise looking for an M9, and it seems there to be none to be found. I expected to be asked where I found mine so I was simply warning that I got the dealer's only one.

D&A

Tom Wrote>>> "Two? No. I know some are on waiting lists or otherwise looking for an M9, and it seems there to be none to be found. I expected to be asked where I found mine so I was simply warning that I got the dealer's only one. ">>>

Hi Tom,

I realized exactly what you meant and were trying to say when you mentioned that the place you found your M9, only had one (since you asked if they had another)...and that you were trying to be helpful to those that might also be looking for one. My comments about wanting two, were simply a light hearted attempt at humor as most don't go purchasing two M9's at the same time. Your M8 looks great and would be an ideal camera for anyone getting into Leica digital M's. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

G

Gartophocus

Hi tom, does this M8 come with software cds? How's the viewfinder anyways? Condition of the UVir E39 filter and how much is it? Thanks