The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: LNIB Leica 35mm & 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH

I

impo

This is going to be a bit of a feeler for me as I'm not 100% sure if I want to sell off these two lenses. I'm selling because I'm thinking of moving towards a different lens setup while I wait for my M9. The prices are listed below. Both lenses are in pristine condition and like new w/ original packaging. Both are 6 bit coded as well. I'll be willing to ship worldwide if I feel you are trustworthy enough. I have sold several items on this forum, fredmiranda, and the big auction site.

LNIB Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH (black) + Leica E46 UV/IR filter - $3200 net to me.

LNIB Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH (black) + Leica E46 UV/IR filter - $3200 net to me.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not wishing to disuade you from selling but these two are probably THE best lens pair for the M9 bar none.

I

impo

Not wishing to disuade you from selling but these two are probably THE best lens pair for the M9 bar none.
Sigh...your totally right. I'm going to sleep on it and maybe I'll have a change of heart in the morning. Thanks for the advice :)

I'm sorry... but I'll have to get back to those who were interested sometime tomorrow.

E

electrontinkerer

Hi

IMHO I'd lean a bit towards the 28 'cron. The 50 'lux is OK unless you could manage to lay your hands on a nocti?

My 2 cents.

Rgds.

JPlomley

I'm in a similar boat...have a 28 Cron, 35 Cron, and 75 Cron. Am thinking I would like to simplify to a 28/50 and the 50 would be a Nocti.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to throw the cat among the pigeons ... but you mentioned it was a 'feeler'. There are many other ideal combo's for the M9 as discussed here such as the 28/50 etc.

If you do decide to sell then you'll have no problems here either now or in the future. Good luck.

charlesphoto

The two lenses I'm using most on my M9 are my 35 Lx asph and 50 pre-asph. Unless you really need the cash and/or shoot primarily wider or longer I wouldn't sell.

I

impo

Thanks everyone for your insight, I honestly appreciate them all. What I should do is wait until I get my hands on the M9 to test them out and see where I need to go from there. The reason for the feeler is that I just bought a noctilux (old version) and I'm not sure whether or not I'll prefer it to the summilux. I really only should be keeping one 50mm lens. And I do want to keep the 35mm but like few others said, 28mm & 50mm seem to work better together. Dilemma, dilemma...

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Keep in mind that the Noctilux 1.0 renders in a very different way from the 50 lux asph . I use my original Noctilux for night shooting and it excels for night street shooting. The 50 lux asph is a much more versatile all around lens .

I

impo

Yea... I keep telling myself to keep both the summilux and the noctilux but not sure if thats really practical for me. One or the other has to go eventually. Maybe I should just wait huh? Who knows, I might not like the noctilux on the M9...

charlesphoto

No idea why some think 28/50 the ideal combo. For me it's 24/35/50. My 28 cron rarely gets used on full frame M. It's too inbetweeny for me and the framelines too hard to see.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
No idea why some think 28/50 the ideal combo. For me it's 24/35/50. My 28 cron rarely gets used on full frame M. It's too inbetweeny for me and the framelines too hard to see.
Charles

I know you are quite accomplished and could probably adapt to either set with good results. The 28 FOV is as wide as most can go without risking image distortion( at the edges ,converging lines). On the M8 I worked hard to test the 18(24FOV) , the 21(28FOV) and the 24(32FOV). While one could make all three work ..the 21(28FOV) was the widest I could get consistently good results. On the M9 the 28 provides the best FOV along with a beautiful balanced rendering along with a decent F2 in a small light form.

I am working toward the 24/35 combination but would still recommend the 28 for most 2-3 lens kits.

Roger

Isn t this a buy sell ?

charlesphoto

Roger,

Well I'm not selling my 28 anytime soon! It's a great lens and surely will get used. Everybody's need is different of course.

Yes, this is a buy sell but really it sounded as if the op wanted our opinion.

Personally I'm thinking about a 50 Lux asph but the prices (even used) have so gone though the roof that I'm sticking with my pre.

Charles

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Roger,

Well I'm not selling my 28 anytime soon! It's a great lens and surely will get used. Everybody's need is different of course.

Yes, this is a buy sell but really it sounded as if the op wanted our opinion.

Personally I'm thinking about a 50 Lux asph but the prices (even used) have so gone though the roof that I'm sticking with my pre.

Charles
Agree plus some good discussions have been buried in the buy sell before. On the 50 lux ....I have both asph and pre asph. On the M9 I moved back to the asph as I could see some softness in the pre that was less visible on the M8. The 35/50 asph are both great lenses.

I

impo

The 50mm Summilux ASPH is sold to a fine gentlemen on this forum.

The 35mm Summilux ASPH f/1.4 is still available - $3,200 net to me LNIB. It was bought sometime in August 2009.

Last edited: