The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Various items...50/1.2 Hexanon, Rollei 150mm, R6, Rollei 35, 28mm Elmarit M, etc.

Stuart Richardson

Hello all, I am doing some spring cleaning, and if anyone is interested in these items, please let me know. I have several pictures of all of them, but I will limit to one each unless people are specifically interested.

For all items, I prefer paypal, and either UPS or FedEx shipping. USPS is rather inconvenient for me, sadly. I have perfect feedback on ebay under the name "vladsirin", and of course I have been around this and other photo forums for awhile. I bought Guy's 28-90 while I was living in Japan, so if he remembers, he could probably vouch for me! I know he goes through a lot of gear....

Anyway, first up is the 50mm f/1.2 M Hexanon Limited. This is a gorgeous lens that works great on any M camera. It is a modern, excellent lens formula with a signature similar to that of the 50/1.4 Pre-asph summilux. It is quite sharp, but not as clinical as the summilux asph, while not being as crazy as the noctilux. I think it behaves like a summilux pre-asph with another half stop. The bokeh is lovely. Asking 1700 obo, they have been going for 2200 with the boxes etc on ebay.

An example:

This lens is in essentially mint condition. There is one miniscule scratch about 2mm long on the base, but other than that it looks fantastic. The glass is spotless. There is NO hood, nor any papers or boxes. I bought this lens from Luigi Crescenzi, but it came with only the caps. It is number 1171 of 2001.

Next up is a lovely Leica R6. I bought this as a backup for my R9/DMR kit, and it has not seen too much use. When I bought it, it had a problem with the meter. I sent it back to Leica for repair, and they completely CLA'ed the camera and fixed it. This cost 390 dollars and was done in October 2006. Much to my shame, I think the camera has only had two rolls in it since then. I shot almost exclusively with the DMR. What you will get is a completely manual R camera, essentially an M6 with a mirror box and an R mount. It is noticeably smaller and lighter than either the R8 or R9, so if you are looking for a more compact kit, it is a good choice. The metering and everything work perfectly now. The condition is what I would consider Excellent or Excellent plus. It is obviously not a new camera, but there are no scratches and the camera has been used lightly. KEH has an ex+ for 819, so I would like to ask 800 for mine. I think this is fair given the very recent and full service, which included: "Repair light meter; repair shutter mechanism; adjust shutter speeds to tolerance; clean, lubricate, adjust all functions; upgrade to current standard; adjust film transport; replace or clean all switches, replace backdoor foam shields." I will include documentation. So it is ready to go!

Taken with it:

Stuart Richardson

Next is a Rollei 150mm f/4 Sonnar HFT. This lens is in user shape for the body, but the class is very clean. I believe there is a bit of dust inside, but overall very clean. This lens will work on the 6000 series, but it requires stop down metering. In practice, it works fine, particularly for landscape and so on. It is a lovely portrait lens, with a beautiful character. I am selling it because I found a 150/4 Tele-Xenar PQ. I am asking only 450 dollars.

Examples taken with the lens:

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Guy! But I would put you at number 1...you are always great and easy to deal with!

Next is a Rollei 35 with a 40mm f/3.5 tessar.
This is a tiny little pocket camera in the grand old tradition. It is scale focus. The meter actually seems to work for negative film. It comes with an aftermarket hood and cap, along with the original strap. I am asking 190 dollars. It is a fun camera with a nice, sharp lens.

Taken with the camera:

Stuart Richardson

And finally for now, my dad's 28mm Elmarit. I don't really want to sell it, but I have a 28mm summicron, so it does not make sense for me to have both. This lens is in superb shape...my dad is an enthusiastic amateur, but he did not use this lens very often. He bought it new back in the 80s I believe. It comes with the box, some papers, hood, cap, case and a B+W filter (uncoated I believe...I would ditch it). He always had a filter on it, so the glass is totally pristine. I have used this lens and found it significantly sharper than the 28mm ultron that I compared it to. It is much closer to the summicron, but not as sharp...and not coded. It takes a 49mm filter. This lens was made in Canada. I am asking 1100 given the utility and the good condition. The word is that this is in some ways a better performer than the current 28mm 2.8 asph. I believe that is what Erwin Puts said, but I could be wrong. My experience has been that it is a lovely, sharp lens.

taken with it, nothing too interesting: