The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G Zeiss setup with Kipon M43 adapter

lattiboy

Hi all,

I just got these lenses around two weeks ago, but I'm settling into using only my Konica AR stuff, so these beauties must go.

1) Zeiss Planar 45/2 T. In EX condition. There is very slight stiffness at one point in the focus spectrum, but I had no problems using it with the adapter.Go for $225-275 on ebay.

2) Zeiss Planar 90/2.8 T. In like-new condition. Everything with this lens is perfect. Looks like it just came out of the box. Prices vary, but you're looking at at least $160 on ebay for a lens in this condition.

3) Kipon micro four thirds to Contax G "geared" adapter. I got this about 10 days ago. Used it to shoot a few times, works/looks like new. Costs $150 on ebay.

4) Includes ONE set of original Contax caps, and ONE original leather contax lens pouch.

$490 shipped and PayPal'd to continental US vis USPS Priority mail

Last edited:

lattiboy

Thanks. They are ridiculously sharp on M43. You can see more results than mine in this thread:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11575&page=5

It is optically about as perfect as you can achieve. Dead sharp wide-open, bokeh is decent, but not distracting.

Focusing was a little bothersome for me, but I think it has to do with my enormous hands. It's really pretty easy once you get used to it. This is much more about needing $500 than wanting to sell the lenses :(