The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad H2F Film/Digital Camera:

fotografz

Hasselblad H2F Camera Kit: Body, HV90 full-frame Prism Finder, 3 HVM 16-32 Film backs with inserts, H Polaroid back., grey ProMaster shock absorbing strap. (Brand new Camadapter Arca QR plate with dual strap studs and Python grey hand-strap is optional for $50. additional).

The H2F is not just a 645 film camera as it can take any CF or CF-II or CF/CF-II Multi-Shot Hasselblad digital back ... and unlike a H1, or H2 is compatible with HCD lenses like the 28 and 35-90 when used with a Hassey digital back. (Note: all H cameras from H3D-II/22, 31, 39 onward will not take a film back.) The H2F also features an in-camera flash meter.

In addition, when used digitally, it is also compatible with the latest versions of Phocus and utilizes the DAC corrections.

The CF adapter works on this camera allowing use of most any Zeiss C, CF, CFi or CFE leaf shutter lens whether used as a film camera or as a digital camera ... lenses which are now supported by DAC corrections in Phocus software. All these lenses are programed into the H2F, and appear in the Grip LCD selector, including 1.4XE and 2XE extenders.

Editorial:

IMO, film, especially B&W film delivers a different aesthetic, and it's been my experience that digital capture still cannot duplicate the look of it, or the tonal structure that film delivers ... deep rich blacks with detail, while holding subtile tone in the brights. The exception may be a $40,000. 60 meg MFD camera ... but that remains to be seen first hand. ;)

For a price check gauge: Hasselblad is selling used H2F components:

H2F body: $2,795., H viewfinder: $750. Pola back: $280. H film Mags: $700. each X 3 = $2,100. TOTAL: $5,925.

Or you can get a complete camera with 80/2.8: $7,395. and add two more film mags @$1,400. = $8,795.

My price for the H2F camera body, viewfinder, 3 film backs, and pola back is $3,995. + shipping.
Pay Pal accepted with no fee Personal Gift or you pay the fee. ConUs only please. PM me with questions or for alternative payment arrangements.

Here it is (lens NOT included) ... plus a B&W shot taken with it ... and a pic I just did showing the area the Pola back captures on standard Fuji Pola instant film (not good for checking focus, but works for composition and lighting).

fotografz

BONUS!

While hunting down boxes for sold items I came across a Focusing Screen H 36 X 48 for use with a 1.1X Digital back like a CF or CFH 22 or 39 meg.

LN in the box added to the kit no additional price.

-Marc

proenca

Please.... go ..... away.... someone grab it quickly..... please....
Great price and great kit btw :)

Must.... resist.... GAS...

fotografz

You cannot resist ... it is beckoning to you ... "I am so sexy, you want me ... "

Free shipping to ConUs today only! :D

And remember, a free 1.1X digital crop focusing screen was added.

-Marc

fotografz

Will it take other manufacturers backs?
No Ben, in addition to film backs, it will take any Hasselblad CF, CF-II or CFH digital back ... including Multi-Shot backs. The reason is that it incorporates many of the "integrated" advantages of the more contemporary Hasselblad digital cameras ... like use of the H digital lenses (HCD 28mm and HCD 35-90mm), while utilizing the DAC corrections available now in the Phocus Software ... which the H1 and H2 do not.

The other back makers would have to formulate code (?) to make their backs work on the newer H2F like they will on the discontinued H1 or H2, but it's probably not worth it to them these days.

Any of the CF and CF-II backs can be used on any H1, H2, or H2F camera, or using a system of iAdapters can be used on most any MF camera. But only with the H2F do you get the additional integrated advantages ... which IMO are considerable.

-Marc