The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica M 35 lux asph

Steve Fines

Hello,

I have a used but in great shape Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH lens for sale. It is the latest version - serial # is in the photos.

It comes with everything that a new one would come with.

It is factory 6 bit coded.

It just got back from a trip to DAG where it was cleaned, adjusted, etc. It is in perfect shape.

Price is $3000 / obo which includes insured, signature on delivery shipping to the CONUS. Payment by Paypal is fine if you are an established member here and are verified with a confirmed address - we can split the fees. Otherwise a wire transfer from a major US bank or a local pick-up in central MN.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

ohdannyboy

Any focus shift exhibited on this lens? It's been well documented on the web and is what keeps me from getting this lens.

Steve Fines

Any focus shift exhibited on this lens? It's been well documented on the web and is what keeps me from getting this lens.
When I bought it I decided to check if I ever felt there was a problem with the focus I got from using it.

Never bothered to check as it always worked fine.

Sale pending on this lens.

fishandfowl

Actually, DAG can adjust the lens to optimize focus in the near range of 1 to 2 meters where the reduced depth of field is hardest to deal with. I had Don do that for my 35/1.4 lux ASPH and it works perfectly and focus shift has not been an issue. I think one of the reasons is that objects further away benefit from whatever depth of field is available, but wide open in the near zone is tough for this lens, as it is for the old Noctilux/f1, which Don also adjusted the same way for me.

By the way, I find I use my 50mm lenses much more than the 35's on the M9, so I am selling my DAG-adjusted 35 lux also, which I intend to list on the forum later this weekend, if I can get around to it.