The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica M8/M8.2

Salviotti

Hi all,

I've been lurking for about a month or so and always seem to miss the good deals when they come up on the M8. If anyone is thinking about selling one, I'd love to be considered. I'm trying to spend $2000 for an M8 and obviously more for an M8.2. I'd rather find a nice one here than go thru a dealer for a used one that doesn't have the boxes, etc.

Thanks!
Rob

ohdannyboy

rob, youre likely going to have to up your budget in order to get an M8 (at least until the M9 becomes more prevalent and people have switched up).

piblondin

I've seen some used M8s around here and elsewhere for $2,000. They generally have been more heavily used with some rub marks and dents.

Salviotti

Well, I'm definitely flexible on price. Low $2K for an M8 or possibly low $3K for an 8.2. I didn't specify before but chrome would be my first choice. Thanks.

tom in mpls

Check out this M8.2, for sale at eBay by popflash (a well known dealer in used Leica):

eBay link

Get $200 rebate from Bing, plus 66 eBay bucks, and it's well below $3100 which is a great price. Plus it includes 2 of the most useful IR cut filters, which would be another 100+ that you will need to spend anyway. I would have grabbed this one if I was in the market for an 8.2.