The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M4 black enamel, $2150

A

abenner

For sale: Leica M4 black enamel (original). $2150

LOTS MORE PICTURES HERE: LINK

Bottom line: You don't find these for sale often; here's your chance.

Includes: Camera body, body cap, old brown Leica leather half case with off brand strap attached (removable)

Condition: Sold as-is. The SN is clearly visible in the pics and is on "the list" of factory black M4's. The camera could use a CLA. One known issue, the rangefinder control arm seems stiff. It hangs up at times such that the RF patch responds a bit slowly while focusing or sticks sometimes. It was that way when I bought it. I was going to have it CLA'd and I spoke with DAG and several others who felt a routine CLA would take care of the problem. But then I started shooting the (non-coupled) 15mm mostly on this body so the issue didn't matter.

The only other mild issue is a little bit of haze in the finder. No more than my other M4 really, nothing obtrusive. The camera otherwise functions well. Frame spacing is even, advance and rewind smooth, framelines intact, RF patch bright and contrasty, no separation, speeds seem reasonably accurate, frame counter works as it should as does the self timer.

Cosmetically, it shows it's age. It's 40 years old, brassy and beautiful. There are no dents or dings. Typical of lots of these old M4's the enamel shows some bubbling in some areas, and in other areas it's smooth and glossy. My other M4 (also black) is worse than this one. The camera is missing two small chips from the vulcanite.

Payment: Price stated includes shipping for US buyers. I'll split paypal fees. I've bought and sold plenty over at RFF, check my feedback: LINK. I'm willing to ship internationally, but shipping will be at cost to the buyer, insured. Until I've heard, "I'll take it" from you, don't consider it yours. Once a deal is reached, I expect prompt payment. PM me if interested.

ShiroKuro

Link may not be working but the imagination certainly is .... no matter the condition ,this black paint M4 is going to be gorgeous in the pics as it will in the hand .... good luck with the sale ...