The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 28mm 2.0 asph FS

jonoslack

Re: Leica 28mm 2.0 asph FS

Interesting thread. I have both the 24 Elmarit Asph and the 28 Cron and I find the 24 to be superior in resolution to the 28, quite noticeably so. I find that as elements in the scene become increasingly small, the extra resolution of the 24mm is actually quite beneficial, even when cropping to a 28mm field-of-view. If it were not for the f:2 of the 28 Cron, I would have ditched mine long ago.
:eek: Tell poor Peter when he's just sold his 24 why don't you! :ROTFL:

I don't have a 24, but my 28 is pretty sharp - maybe you have a sub-standard one? (or perhaps a super-standard 24).
all the best

jonoslack

Peter - congratulations on the sale of that lovely 24 (which I wanted so badly).
I hope your new piece of bling provides satisfaction - it certainly is pretty. Are you going to shoot with it (or just look at it).

all the best
Jono

Thank you Jono- Actually, I have held of on that M7, as lovely as it is and as fast as it made my ticker go. For sure, if I own a camera it is to shoot it, period. In the end my head stepped in and concluded the camera was significantly over priced. Since I'm still paying off the 21 lux, I'm glad to have sold the 24 though. best....Peter

JPlomley

Jono, I thought the same as you so tested my 28 Cron against two others at the dealer and the 24/2.8 Elmarit Aspherical bested them all. Sorry Peter :eek:

Nothing to be sorry for. The 24 elmarit is an extremely brilliant lens. The 28 cron doesn't quite resolve like the 24 elamirt but it's lower contrast and smooth tonality makes it one of the prettiest drawing lenses of all. For my use, the 28 cron was the one to keep. (It's not sold). I'm using the 21 lux a lot, and my spacing of 21-28 kept the 24 in the bag. If I miss the 24 length, I'll get the new 3.8 someday.

jonoslack

Nothing to be sorry for. The 24 elmarit is an extremely brilliant lens. The 28 cron doesn't quite resolve like the 24 elamirt but it's lower contrast and smooth tonality makes it one of the prettiest drawing lenses of all. For my use, the 28 cron was the one to keep. (It's not sold). I'm using the 21 lux a lot, and my spacing of 21-28 kept the 24 in the bag. If I miss the 24 length, I'll get the new 3.8 someday.
Spoken like a man!
I rather relish that 24 3.8 too . . . . . one day!
Incidentally, I bought an M7 a month or so ago. It was 'old stock' i.e. VERY OLD STOCK - not as pretty as the one you show, but about the same price as a secondhand 24 elmarit, and still pretty pretty (if you see what I mean!).

all the best

Thanks Jono, excuse me while I do another 100 push ups......there, that's better. ;>)

The M7 is a great camera, I have a black 0.85 that get's lots of use. best...Peter