The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Night vision scope (not a camera, but an optical device)

bradhusick

I am selling my pristine ITT Night Mariner 160 Gen3 night vision monocular. This was $1600 new, selling for $1250 including paypal and shipping. US law prohibits export of this device without a special license, so it's CONUS only.

Think of it as the ultimate noctilux (I don't know how to attach this to a camera but someone might figure it out.)

Specifications:
Field of View (Degrees): 40
Magnification: 1X
Resolution: 64 lp (typical)
Brightness Gain: 3000 fL/fL, minimum
Objective Lens: F/1.4
Focus Range: 1 ft (30.5 cm ) to infinity
Voltage Required: 3.0 Volts
Battery Type: Two AAA size alkaline
Battery Life: Approx. 30 hrs at room temp
Weight w/ batteries: 19.2 oz (544.3 g)
Dimensions: 7.25" (L) x 2" (W) x 3.5" (H)
Operating Temperature Range (Degrees Celsius): -51 to +52
Storage Temperature Range (Degrees Celsius): -51 to +85

Features of ITT Night Mariner 160 Night Vision Monocular:

High resolution 64 lp (typical), high gain and high photoresponse in visible and near infrared
Automatic Brightness Control (ABC)
Light weight only 19.2 oz w/ batteries
Automatic high-light cutoff

Last edited:

bradhusick

Thanks, Bob! I do love my toys!

Special promo: free to the buyer if this sells in the next 48 hours...

Surefire M1 Infrared LED illuminator, retail price $139. This is an infrared spotlight you can use with the night vision scope to light up your target. They can't see it, only you. Again, no exports without a special license due to US law.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

That is odd. Many night vision gear, IR flashlights, etc are also made/sold outside of the US.

bradhusick

In order for me to export this Gen3 device I need a special license from the government, which I don't have. Lesser technology is not as restricted. Homeland Security is being cautious, I guess.

V

Vivek

Hmm..

Brad, is the lens interchangeable on this? The 25/0.95 c-mount lenses (Senko, Navitar, etc) are also made to work with nightvision devices like this,