The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: All my Leica Gear

durrIII

I am offering FOR SALE all of my Leica gear. I just cannot manual focus as good as I would like.

1-Excellent+ Leica M6 TTL Silver with box, manual etc. $1750
2-Excellent++ Leica M8 Silver with box, manual, CDs, 2 UV/IR filters and
remainder of a 2 year Mack extended warranty purchased from
KEH. (They graded the M8 a LN-) $2750
3-Excellent++ Leica 35/2 Summicron Asph w/box and case $1750
4-Excellent++ Leica 50/1.4 Summilux Pre-Asph w/box and case $1750 (needs focus adjusted. DAG will do it for $95)

5-Excellent++ SF24D Flash w/box $250

Photos upon request. You will not be disappointed.

Durr Wise

PS: The lens will be sold after the bodies, unless, of course, if you buy them together.

Last edited:

bensonga

Good luck with the sale Durr. As the eyes age, I think we're all going to appreciate the magic of autofocus lenses more and more.

Gary

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I just hate to give up my glass!
E-P1 or GF1 with Novoflex adapter and live view...couple of AF lenses to cover times when you need speed?

The character of the Leica glass is intact with the m43 systems...

Bob

bensonga

My R glass works great on the G1 Durr. Very easy to manual focus with that awesome electronic viewfinder. The Panasonic Leica M & R adapters to m43 are very well made. If you didn't care for it.....you can always sell you Leica lenses later.

Gary

durrIII

Thanks Gary. I am not selling the Leica lens unless I sell the bodies first. We will wait and see what happens.

fotografz

Durr, not to disuade you ... but I hate to see this happen.

I did this back when my eyes started to show their age ... and got a Contax with AF lenses ... I just couldn't take to it. So my Leica dealer sent me a new M7 with a range of diopters and it was much better once I got that right.

When I got a M8 I started having the same issues again, so I had the rangefinder adjusted, and over half my lenses needed to be calibrated ... plus I got a mag with built-in diopter ... and it was much, much better. Now with the M9 it's even better, and I rarely have a focusing issue at all ... and that includes using a 50/0.95 and 75 Lux.

Now any M lenses that I consider buying, new or used, are immediately bench tested ... amazing how many had to go back.

BTW, if your eyes are worse than mine, then you're probably legally blind ;)

-Marc

durrIII

Marc,
Thanks for your note. I am just so frustrated with it that I am sure I am overreacting. I probably should have both lens adjusted and the M8 checked for adjusting before I do anything rash. Thanks for your 2 cents.
Durr

Ben Rubinstein

What an incredible forum. Rather than let a guy sell his gear people will do their best to make sure that he can still enjoy it and make the most of it. Really is the best forum on the net...

durrIII

Thanks Guys,
I have decided to get them all adjusted/calibrated and see if that help. I really hope that it does.

Durr