The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon with finder

A

abenner

My desktop crashed yesterday and it seems I'm going to have to replace it. I acquired this lens recently in a trade and was excited to finally get a 21 SA, so before I fall in love with it I'm giving it up. It was this or my 35 - the 35 wins.

Leica 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon-M - $1400. Chrome. Includes Leica chrome metal 21mm finder, proper rectangular hood, proper metal Leica rear cap.

More pics here: LINK

One issue: the front ring wobbles a little. This does not involve the front element or any of the glass, just the ring with the filter threads. This seems to be a not uncommon issue with these older 21's. Sherry K says it stems from the way the ring is mounted, coupled with the design of the hood which mounts over said ring. It's not a tough fix for a repairmen but it really doesn't cause any functional issue.

Otherwise it's a nice user. The barrel shows wear commensurate with age. Focus is smooth. No issues I can see with the glass. The front glass of the finder has a few marks that are visible but not bothersome. No cracks. The chrome finder is nicer than the later black plastic finder, bright with little distortion and looks very nice on a chrome M. The hood shows plenty of wear but is otherwise fine. All in all it's a nice user 21SA kit.

Price includes shipping for US buyers. I'm willing to ship international, at cost to buyer. I'll split paypal fees, or you can pay by gift option and I'll pass the fee saving on to you. I've bought and sold plenty over at RFF, check my feedback: LINK. If you're interested or have any questions, PM me. First "I'll take it" gets it, and I then expect prompt payment.

Last edited: