The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epic Lenses for sale: Noctilux f/1, 28 summicron, and 75 summilux

ashwinrao1

Okay, here goes. I am posting these lenses for sale to guage feedback and interest. My prices are FIRM, and pics of the lenses will be posted later today, once I get back home. I only accept personal check or bank check, which must clear before I send the lenses (as they are BIG ticket items). I will only ship within the Continental U.S., via UPS or FedEx for these items!!!!

Up for your consideration:
#1. Leica Noctilux 50 mm f/1 (E60) with original box, caps, case; NOT 6-BIT CODED. Near mint condition, with very minor barrel wear, slightly stiff focus throw typical of the Noctilux...I'd like to call it mint, but in the interest of full disclosure, there are some barely noticeable cosmetic blemishes on the barrell. Glass is pristine, has been covered with a B+W filter. This is the version with the telescoping hood. PRICE: $5,000(shipping and shipping insurance included)

#2. Leica 28 mm f/2 Summicron, with original box, caps, hood, hood cap, and case, also NOT 6 BIT coded. This lens is in MINT condition, pristine, and glass is perfect. PRICE: $2,500 (shipping and shipping insurance included

# 3. Leica 75 f/1.4 Summilux, with front and rear caps only. Condition is excellent +, minor blemishes on the lens barrel. Once again, glass is perfect, as is focussing throw, which is buttery smooth. NOT 6 BIT CODED. PRICE: $2,500.

I would like to thank Kurt Kamka for this sale :grin:. His images from his Noctilux 0.95 have inspired me to test the waters, and I need to raise some serious capital in order to do so.These lenses are really great, 3 of my favorites, but I guess you gotta give something to get something back. Prices reflect current market value and the quality that these copies of these lenses represent. If I can't get a good deal back, I may hold off and keep what I have, as I am very conflicted about selling these lenses, so you can consider this message as "testing the waters"....

Hope to hear from you...SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!

P.S. I have good seller feedback on the feedback thread here and at RFF.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'm so sorry, Ashwin. :)

It's certainly a lot to have to give up (I know as I went through the same process ... even letting go of my fabulous 75lux). But, the Noct ASPH is such a gorgeous lens. And, it can be used for so much more than specialty shooting (I have literally not taken the lens off of my M9 since I received mine at the beginning of the month). With your skills, you'd have no trouble putting it to great use.

Kurt

ashwinrao1

Here come the lens pics. First: Noctilux f/1:

Note the slightest bit of brassing in image 3. OTher than that, it's very clean....

ashwinrao1

28 summicron- Price reduction to $2300

Next: 28 mm summicron. PRICE REDUCTION: $2300 (shipping included). I look at recent sales here, and this seems to be what the lens has recently sold for. Great deal on this lens. It's really sweet, and mint! Comes with B+ W filter.

Seriously, this is a steal on this lens. I remember just a few months ago when this sold routinely for a lot more...

ashwinrao1

Finally, the Summilux 75 mm f/1.4

Slight bit of brassing, should be viewable on the images. Otherwise, stellar. No box or case, but caps included.

ashwinrao1

Here are my final prices, shipping included (continental US only). I don't do paypal:

Noctilux f/1: $5,000
Summilux 75 mm f/1.4: $2400 (note $100 price reduction)
Summicron 28 mm f/2: $2300 (note $200 price reduction)

I really hope to sell all 3 to finance a new Noct 0.95, but if the interest isn't there over the next 48 hrs, I may pull the plug and keep what I have....

ashwinrao1

Items off the market....

Okay, not too much interest out there at the moment in these lenses at the listed prices. I have reconsidered, and will keep these 3 beauties for now (can't really go wrong there, no?) and hold my horses on the Noct 0.95 :)cry:). Thanks for looking. I may re-post at a separate time, and feel free to contact me if you wanna change my mind :D

Otherwise, consider this thread dead...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ashwin,

If you are serious about selling the lenses then you might want to consider waiting a little longer than 10 hours on a Tuesday afternoon PST before pulling the plug ...

Just saying ...

ashwinrao1

Hi Graham,

Apologies....

I got a few suprisingly lowball offers, and not much else... plus I really love those lenses and really want to get a fair price on them. I have taken a few more reasonable PM's since I closed the ad, but will hold tight for now unless a sale makes sense. Buying and selling Leica gear can be an emotional experience, hence the "testing the waters" quote in the first post.

Best,
Ashwin