The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 30" Apple Cinema Display, EXC

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have decided to upgrade to a wide-gamut monitor and don't have enough room on my desk for two 30" displays, so my beloved Apple 30" Cinema display needs to find a good home. It is in great shape, no marks, blotches or scratches. Includes Display, all cables and box as originally delivered. Oh, and I have recently learned some folks are not aware that these displays work just fine on PC's too!

Asking $900, PM me if interested.

PS: Here is a cell phone grab of it on my desk from about a year ago:

Thanks,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: 30" Apple Cinema Display, EXC

You're crazy, upgrade the desk! :D
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: Believe me, that thought had crossed my mind! Actually, with a bit of reorganizing, I could fit both 30 inch-ers there. My plan is to get a smaller bargain-brand 23" and set it portrait to hold menus, etc. But if this 30" doesn't sell, then I'll rearrange!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm thinking of selling mine just need to find more money to get a NEC working on it but my ACD is less than two years old and in perfect condition. Have original box for shipping

Double Negative

Not Available
I'm waiting for my 24" Dell to go t*ts up on me so I can justify two new 30" displays... I'm holding out for an ACD w/LED backlighting in that size. They're working on 27" displays with the same rez as the 30" supposedly, due for release any time now.

What display did you end up going with?

Dale Allyn

I think you'll like the NEC, Jack. I'm using the 2690 w/Spectraview II. You'll need that sRGB "sidecar" you mention though. I find the wide gamut displays suck for web. Well, not all Web, but for preparing sRGB images for web and for web development.

I'm using an aged Apple 20" as a second, but will replace it with another sRGB NEC to sit next to the 26".

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It does suck for general web browsing, for sure. However properly tagged images all render fine. Also sucks for font rendering in Snow Leopard until you find the hidden switch to activate font smoothing.

Dale Allyn

Yep, setup matters. In my experience, even properly tagged small-gamut images (sRGB) can render wrong if certain colors are heavily weighted within the image. There are work-arounds, but it's good for folks to know.

Congrats on the sale and the new gear. :)