The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: BLACK M8u (upgraded shutter); 21Elmarit pre-asph, six-bit coded

oc garza

For SALE: Black Leica M8u (upgraded shutter with one year warranty on the entire camera dated 2/17/2010). I am selling because I have an M9 and the M8 is not getting used at all. I am the second owner of this camera. It has been a very reliable camera but the shutter blew in February so I upgraded the shutter thinking I would keep it as a backup. I think Leica also recovered the camera but cannot verify this and I did not pay for this. This new shutter probably has less than 100 shots on it. I have decided not to keep this as a backup and sell it instead. This M8 is in good condition with minor scuff marks from normal use. There is some slight wear around the baseplate rim, but its typical wear, just rubbed down a little bit. There are some minor scuffs on the body (see photo) and the LCD has one small scratch on it. Bottom plate has the plastic protective sticker still in place and shows no real wear except for the edges and some very minor dents on one edge when the camera fell once.This M8 includes everything that came with the camera: box, manuals, cords, charger, and also includes 2 Leica batteries, 2 SanDisk Ultra III 4gb cards, 2 SanDisk UltraII 4gb cards; 3 SanDisk UltraII 2gb cards. And again the camera is under a 1 year warranty dated 2/17/2010.
(In the photos you will notice gaffers tape above the strap lugs - I put those there to keep my strap from scuffing the body because I use an upstrap and the ring was scuffing up the body. The picture frame bumper on the back top of the camera is what I use for a bit of leverage as I do not like the add-on grips at all. All these can be removed of course.)

The rangefinder was calibrated by Leica when the shutter was replaced and I have had no focus problems with the 35 summicron, 90 cron or 50 lux. I don't believe I mounted the 24 on the M8 before I boxed it up for shipping.

Anyone purchasing the body will have three working days to try it out. I am asking $3,300 (OBO) PP echeck, but will split normal PP fees. I will ship CONUSA only, insured ground shipping.

21MM Leica Elmarit pre-asph - For your consideration, Leica 21mm Elmarit f2.8with square hood, round 60 lens cap, rear cap and Leica UV/IR filter all in the original box. The lens has been six bit coded by John Milich AND includes the Leica UV/IR filter so you are ready to start shooting on an M8 right out of the box. I am selling this because I purchased a 24mm and am using it, this lens sits in the safe.

The lens elements are clean, no scratches or haze, aperture blades clean and focusing is perfectly dampened. The barrel has the normal signs of wear on the ridges of the focusing ring and there is a minor rub mark on the front ring that would normally be covered by the lens hood. Asking $1,200, PP and shipped CONUSA only.

Last edited:

zoz63

That is great value 21mm lens with coding , box and Leica UV/IR filter.I can not buy it as I am in Australia and I have the same lens anyway.

oc garza

The elmarit is the good "28" on the M8. My only problem with shipping outside the US is most buyers want the value marked as $100 or less (to lessen import duties I guess) and that puts both the buyer and seller at risk.
O.C.