The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: LNIB Nikon 180/2.8

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
On a scale from 1-10 on the difference i would say 3. It's good but Leica will be much better in color, saturation and tone. really hard to beat leica's 2 180's they really are the best i have seen . I have yet to try the 200 f2 VR Nikon though and it is said to be really good. Stuart you are a lot like me and like that Leica look. Hard to beat to be honest and took us several years to really figure it out.

I look at my Nikon system to get jobs done. i look at my M8 to give me what i want. i look at the Zd to just kick butt when I need the extra mpx. 3 systems and they all have there place.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Guy, I think that really makes sense. I will miss the Leica R stuff when I sell it, but like you, there is the M8 to get the Leica look and medium format for the real quality pictures. The Nikon stuff is just so much better at "getting the shot" for me than Leica R. ISO 6400 on the D3 looks like ISO 400 on the DMR, combine that with full frame and AF, and it is hard to argue in favor of the DMR for the way I use it. I just wish I could use the R lenses on the D3!