The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya Glass

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Making room in my cabinet by selling off some Mamiya lenses I rarely use.

1) PENDING -- First is a killer copy of the Phase-branded 80mm f2.8 AF-D lens. I recently took delivery on the 80 LS and simply don't need 2 80's. Both lenses are phenomenal, in fact the 80D is a tad sharper in the corners and wide open, but I want the LS for high-synch strobe work. The Mamiya AF-D 80's are $1290 new at B&H, and this one is in exc - condition, showing some signs of use, mostly marks on the hood. Glass and all operational functions are perfect. Asking half price or $645 for this lens.

2) SOLD -- Next is a very, very clean copy of the manual focus Mamiya 80mm f1.9 N lens. Like I said above, I don't need 2 80's let alone 3. This is the all black N version, and is very sweet. It is virtually like new, showing very little use. Generates incredible shallow DoF wide open, but as sharp as any by f8. Asking $350.

3) PENDING: Next a virtually unused copy of the 150 f2.8 AF-D. This is a phenomenal lens, very sharp wide open and very shallow DoF. These sell for about $3000 new at B&H, but used prices are soft, so offering now at $1750 OBO. Includes everything as new.

4) Last is a rare manual focus 145 Soft Focus lens. This lens has an adjustable OOF effect ring on the front element, and combining these settings with aperture renders different effects for a wide variety form really soft and flarey to essentially as sharp as a regular 150 prime. This one is in EXC condition and includes front and rear caps. Asking $300.

PM me if interested in any of the above.

Thanks

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I feel really bad you have 3 80mm lenses better take one off your hands or i will really have to commit you to the gear slut anonymous paddy wagon.

Here is my sick rational , well I have one extra lens slot in my bag. Heck they better come pick me up as well. 80mm 1.9 is sold

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No sicker than me :ROTFL: It's yours, and as you know, it's magic!

Guy Mancuso

Just what I need is more magic , now if it spit out golden eggs than your talking bud. LOL

Happy Easter my friend.

Guy Mancuso

When i wrote this in the forum description I must have been thinking about myself.

The GetDPI creed "Buy Now Explain Later"

Honey , guess what! I _______________________________________:deadhorse:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
LOLOLOL!

Yeah, my 80 AF-D is a great copy which made this a difficult choice. I had figured I'd just keep it and forget the LS. But then the LS sample I got looked very good -- a lot better than the one we had in Salton -- and so I got to thinking about what I use the 80 for... Bottom line is I only mount it when shooting people (where I used the 80/1.9 usually anyway), so figured the LS's edge sharpness fall-off probably isn't all that bad a trait. And then considered outdoor fill flash for people which I could use, so for now the LS wins...

Terry

I think what you guys really need is simply a shuttle service to send the lenses back and forth. Then you can have a focal length of the week and have a schedule for each lens.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I've asked Ken, Bob AND Guy all to move closer so we could job-share some of these lenses, but NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo...

:ROTFL:

Don Libby

All I can say is that if I were still shooting with a Phase AFD I would have been on you doorstep hours after your first post! Someone getting great glass.