The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FOUND: Epson 7900 Printer

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:D
I'm looking but also if you have one you may not want to give it up as well. LOL

Worth asking just in case your having a moment of GAS for something else. I will pick up as far as 1000 miles from Phoenix.

kuau

Workshop Member
Re: WTB: Epson 7900 Printer

Guy, have you looked into the HP Z3200PS? This is what I have, and have had zero problem, no clogs, IQ is excellent and yes the Epson is "probably better" but costs more and if you don't print all the time with it you may get head clogs.
Steven

D

DougDolde

Good choice, I love mine. Once in a while I wish I had the 9900 but not often as huge prints are a real pain to frame and ship.

dseelig

Hey Guy
I still have the older HP z 3100 and compared to epsons they really are much cheaper to run then epson they sip ink. I really would consider the z 3200 over the epson 7900. A friend of mine who is a fine art landscape guy, who still shoots 4 by 5 film told me on matte papers between the epson 7600 and 7900 there is really very little difference. If you are a roll paper person then the hp is easy to use, it is more of a pain then epsons on sheet paper.

Guy Mancuso

Well. Ah crap you know the rest be here next week. LOL
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Prints for sale :D

Guy Mancuso

Ya need a freight liner for it. I may have to cut off part of my desk. I'm not joking. I smell a huge office sale again. LOL

Hiring the linebacker kids down the street from the local high school to carry the thing in.

J

jtr

Greetings Guy
I have a 7800 Printer that still has original free ink charge in it. Also have unused great roll paper and a full set of 8 unopened Ultrachrome 220ml inks. The printer has been unused because I donated my desk top computer to a Nepal mission group in their acute need for one to finish editing a TV show they were producing. The printer has accessory stand. I have printed two beautiful two foot by eight foot luster prints with it!! Gave one as a gift and kept one. That's all the printing that has been done on it. It is mint ++++. I live in Tulsa, but are planning a trip to SW Colorado (near Ouray)in early summer. Selling it would allow $$ of the $$$$ needed toward a new lens for M9. Would consider selling all for $2750, with new 8-ink set most w/exp.date 2009, stand, extra b/w ink set new, and roll paper. It came in a huge crate and was delivered by trucking company from BHPhoto or Calumet Photo?? to me was I think around $600 to ship, wow. Not nearly as heavy set up as it was in crate and box. Would be easy to move in Hatchback or small SUV.
Thanks for all the great work with the web site have enjoyed it now for sometime!! John

Stuart Richardson

The shipping is not bad if you use a dedicated shipping company (like boats, airplanes and 18-wheelers, not UPS or FedEx or the postal servies). I got the Epson 9900 to Iceland for 900 dollars. It took two or three weeks I believe. That's not bad considering it comes in a crate that is more than 400lbs and 7 feet long! It's like shipping a motorcycle. On the upside, most of the companies selling them within the US offer free shipping (at least LexJet did, and I remember most others did when I was looking).