The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 90mm f2.0 Pre Asph (E55)..Mint & Boxed!

D&A

Hi All,

Please note....due to my being on my cell phone most of the time, please use contact info at end of posting, so I can respond promtly and which is much easier for me.

While my internet connection is down (being repaired), I thought I'd put up for sale my dad's mint (LN) Leica 90mm f2.0 Pre Asph (E55), prior to my posting images of it later on (when internet connection is restored)...as I am on my cell phone currently.

The lens is the last (latest) verion of that lens prior to Leica's 90mm f2.0AA...cosmetically a virtual carbon copy of the 90mm f2.0 AA in terms of body size, handling, looks etc. The lens had quite rarely been used or handled by him (stored in his display case). Glass is flawless, focusing smooth, apature ring clicks properly with each stop, hood pulls and retracts with proper amount friction and barrel condition shows just slight signs that it was handled. Virtually a perfect copy. All lettering sharp and good imprint...with one or two digits of serial number showing the slighest traces of the edeg of the number showing slightly less imprinting. All apature/distance lettering near perfect. I'm being sort of fanatical in descibing this. Of course apature blades dry and open and close smoothly.

As for optical performance, the 90mm f2.0 pre Asph is one of my faviorite portrait lenses. *** I believe it's weight is virtually the same as the Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M with of course an additional f-stop! It's the 90mm AA thats heavier! Sharpness wide open is sharp, with a roundness thats perfect for portraits but with plenty of bite, as others have shown. Stopped down of course it holds it's own with any of the great 90's. A perfect all arounder thats fast! All these optical comments as observed when used on an M7, M8.2 and M9.

The original Leica red & white box is in good shape with some signs of wear as it was stored seperately while lens kept in display case...but very nice overall.

Price is $895.00 net to me plus actual shipping/insurance costs.

I have over 10 years of 100% perfect e-bay feedbacks and of course brought and sold here on Getdpi and all the other usual forums for quite some time with perfect success...and fun too!

***** Due to my being on my cell phone most of the time (and also that my connection is down to in order to post images)...PLEASE send all questions, comments etc. via an e-mail to IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com instead of a PM, which will be very difficult to answer via my cell phone. Already my thumbs are about to fall off typing all this. Good thing I use my index finger to push the shutter button on the camera :) . Thanks everyone!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

Just wanted to mentioned that this lens is now sold. Thanks to everyone who had an interest. I truly appreciate it!

Dave (D&A)