The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Elmarit M 28mm, model 11809

JimBuchanan

I have for sale a pre-ASPH, black, 28mm Elmarit M, #11809, serial # 3,847M of about 1998.

The lens is in near mint condition. I only see rub marks on the hood groove. Included in this lens package, is the original matching box, Leather pouch, B+W UV filter, Leica caps, original #12547/14073 hood/cap, and 35 Lux #12588/14040 hood/cap.

I used this lens on my M8 and with the effective 38mm FOV, I used the 35mm Lux hood as it is smaller and more compact. This lens also focuses exactly at infinity, when the focus ring is at the infinity setting. This probably contributes to the fact that focusing accuracy is right on, with my stock factory adjusted M8.

I have hand coded the mount flange to be recognized by the M8 as the proper #11809. The divits are concave and the black and white paint will not rub off as a Sharpie mark would.

As to performance, this lens is a M camera twin to my current R28 Elmarit for Canon 5D. One noted authority states this model as being sharper in the center than the current ASPH version. It is almost exactly the dimensions and appearance of the 28 Summicron.

I originally wanted a 35mm for the M8, but went one step wider with this lens. After a while, I realized I really would rather have a 35mm FOV, thus the sale. I can't afford both.

With the value I see in this lens, I am asking $1550, plus $20 shipping CONUS, Paypal. For outside the US, inquire for accurate shipping charge.

Thanks.