The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M2

St Clair

I have a beautiful Leica M2 for sale. It pains me to part with this as I spent a long time looking for one in such great condition. But I need to repay some of the expense of purchasing a 50mm Summilux.

As you can see the original vulcanite is near perfect.

Serial number is 945 338

Looks and functions perfectly. All shutter speeds are accurate and the rangefinder is spot on. Cosmetically and functionally it's an A+, a few very minor scratches, no dings or dents whatsoever. The film pressure plate looks like new as does the shutter curtain and all controls.

Looking for $600 US plus shipping. (Around $45 US fully insured with tracking number)

I have sold and bought here before as well as on the POTN forum.

View attachment 29633

View attachment 29634

View attachment 29635

View attachment 29636

View attachment 29637

ShiroKuro

Nice camera .. This one has been tempting me but I just got the M4 ... glad you ended up with it Gabor ...

maddoc

Charles, I had no real intention to buy another camera but ... the M7 is still at Leica USA and it will take some more time. I need a second body for the remaining Kodachrome .... :)

helenhill

sweeeet & congrats, Gabor !

i went from M2 to M4 to M6ttlowo
and now I'm thinking of going back to the ROBUST & NO Frill M's
looking for an M4 . M4-2, M4-P now :)

though I have never tried an M5 ...anyone have any thoughts ???
beside the size & being considered the less of the leicas

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
sweeeet & congrats, Gabor !

i went from M2 to M4 to M6ttlowo
and now I'm thinking of going back to the ROBUST & NO Frill M's
looking for an M4 . M4-2, M4-P now :)

though I have never tried an M5 ...anyone have any thoughts ???
beside the size & being considered the less of the leicas
Helen,

If you only use one body in your outings, the M5 will be an excellent choice. But if you carry more than one body, M5 does mix well with other classic M bodies. IMHO, M5 offers more flexibility as a user body. I came to appreciate my M5 after an extended period of use.

Cheers,

leif e

Helen, do you want me to tell her that you miss her?:D I´m afraid she´s staying in Norway, tough.

leif e
Btw; once you get used to the different physical format, the M5 is a gift in handling, accuracy and feel.

helenhill

YOU are so WICKED , Leif !!!!!
actually please Give her a KISS...:D

Ocean/ it will be my only M body so that might nake it PURRfect !

Stan Tamarkin is a TRUE Gent and lending me an M5 to try
so by Thursday I will see how 'she fits in the Hands'
I am Intrigued by ths M5 concept amd seem to fall for the 'underdogs'
like the 35 pre asph lux & the 21 SA

if not the M5 then back to my all Time Fav M4

Cheers- xxxx....H

maddoc

The M5 is a GREAT camera but don't forget about the Super-Angulon-M problem !! :eek: It can't be mounted without modification of the flange or in the case you have a newer version that was already modified in the factory by Leica for this purpose. The meter-arm of the M5 will collide with the large rear part of that lens (same with the very old 28mm Elmarit) and the meter arm damaged.

I have used an M5, M2 and M4-P in parallel, the M5 was very in a "mix" with the other cameras and handles very well with large lenses like the Noctilux and 90mm Summicorn-M. :)

fbf

Gosh, you two are funny...
Gabor, enjoy your m2 and you know you want to paint it in black :D

Helen, keep your m6ttl .58. It's convenient to have a metered body. You don't need the M4p. Get a m2 instead. :D