The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Ipad 3g (any size)

trev2401

In need of one to replace my dead epson P2000.

Can't order from apple as i'm not based in the states. I do fly in and out/have friends staying in california.

Would really hope to work something out with anyone here, who's ordering/ordered an extra Ipad 3g. (16 - 64gb fine)

References here, FM, RF and on the bay.

thanks.

:salute:

Terry

Are you sure the 3G's are going to be interchangeable with the different wireless carriers? I would wait and see if it is as simple as popping out the sim card and putting a different one in before buying. Just my 2 cents.

trev2401

yup, checked it with my local carrier, and they OK'ed it. (similar units to be sold here come June) Trouble is that they're putting a 2 yr plan with the IPAD with a ridiculous data subscription per month.

PeterL

If you already have an existing 3G data plan, just put the sim card in the iPad. I don't see how they would know it's not a iPhone 3G.

Cheers, -Peter

Terry

If you already have an existing 3G data plan, just put the sim card in the iPad. I don't see how they would know it's not a iPhone 3G.

Cheers, -Peter
They can tell what type of device it is. Also, in the US you can't simply pop out the sim card from the iPhone and put a different one in from another carrier.

trev2401

They can tell what type of device it is. Also, in the US you can't simply pop out the sim card from the iPhone and put a different one in from another carrier.

I agree. Most phones in the USA's locked unless otherwise noted. However, i bought an "unlocked" version of the iphone from an official Cingular dealer back before the 3gs came out.

I’m currently using that same iphone here in Singapore. Just switched the SIMs. At this stage, I’m assuming based on the writeouts of dissected IPADs, that the IPAD cannot be locked, and can run on the mini-sim cards from other carriers. Even if it doesn’t run, I’m sure a (ahem) “fix” will be out sooner or later. Anything to skip paying 50$usd a month to my carrier here for 3g service for 2 years.

ibcj

This is directly from the Apple site.

"Are iPhone and iPad SIM cards interchangeable?
No. Your iPhone SIM card will not fit into your iPad.
"

Best of luck with getting the ipad. Still waiting for the 3G version myself.

kalex

You would have to get micro SIM card from your provider as Apple decided to have it instead of normal size SIM card.

trev2401

yup, thanks for the notes guys. Micro-sims have been in the (asian) market for a few months now, but mainly for industrial usage. Only a matter of time i guess.