The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 90mm Summarit M 6-Bit

John Black

Leica 90mm F2.5 Summarit-M, 6-Bit Coded
Like New, $1150 Shipped & Paypal'd in the US using the Paypal "Gift" Option

The 90mm Summarit is very nice. I was surprised by its excellent build quality and feel. I thought about keeping this 90mm in the bag just to have a 90mm lens, but I'd rather have the cash more than the lens :) Focus is very smooth with a nice, light action. Aperture ring clicks precise with no wiggle or play. Barrel looks like new, glass is perfect. This lens feels pretty good on the M9 in terms of weight and balance. The wide focus ring is easy to find and adjust compared to some other 90mm's with their narrow focus ring. The lens is quite sharp. With some recent 90mm F2.8 Elmarit-M's selling for almost $1600 (gasp!), I'd pick the 90mm Summarit any day over the Elmarit. All in all, this is a great lens and I can see myself buying one again if I decide to have a 90mm lens on the M.

The lens comes with its Leica pouch and original caps. The box is a bit beat-up.