The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Kodak Cine Ektar 25mm 1.4

R

raymondluo

Wanted to see if anyone's willing part with a Kodak Cine Ektar 25mm 1.4 Lens with the C mount adapter (S to C), shipped to Singapore. Preferably clean glass and a smooth focus ring!

Thanks!

R

raymondluo

And if you have a 25mm to 15mm Converter to go along with it that would be swell as well! (or at least direct me to a source who has one :))

gmoe

Never see them sold together these days. Folks tend to separate them. The 25mm to 15mm converter is really nothing to write home about I find it rather soft. Stick with the Ektar 25mm 1.4 or 1.9. They still crop up on ebay. Basically you are going to have to purchase each separately unless you find an estate sell. Good luck!

apicius9

pm sent. I have one more set but it falls into the 'functional but ugly' category. Not sure if that is an option but it's comparatively cheap... Gary snapped up the better one ;)

Stefan

R

raymondluo

Softness while I won't say is a non-issue but it's still an option to go wide and wide (aperture) without the hassle of switching lenses. And possibly changing the look of the image? I shoot video so that's pretty important in keeping to a 'system', already have a fine 63mm f2 being shipped. (and a fujinon 12.5mm for 15 USD)

I hate you gary, but often read your blog and will continue too. In any case I've found on ebay a guy with the said lens, reasonable pricing and very nice looking indeed. Just an absent s to c adapter.

That said I'll miss out dearly on the Soligor 0.95 that's put up for a good price here which I can see put in at least two anonymous docu-type situations (that may cost an eye and a few bruised ribs but certainly not for perverse reasons!).

Maybe in my next pay check.