The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 18mm F4 ZM - 6-bit coded, silver

daveproctor

Silver Zeiss 18mm F4 ZM lens with coded lens mount, boxed with papers etc in mint condition

Fantastic lens in stunning condition and very well cared for. I love this lens which is incredibly sharp but need to sell it to fund a my newly acquired WATE

I have sold a lens recently on this forum and have used eBay for many years with 100% positive feedback. I have also sold several items recently on talkphotography.co.uk with excellent feedback - both sites under the user id daveproctor.

Please send me a message if you want any further information

Price £775 including UK delivery - represents big saving on new price of £1089 plus cost of coding the lens

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bump for a trustworthy buyer & seller. Of course, since he's also been my UK bank manager I feel somewhat obliged to say that :ROTFL: (True btw ...)

Seriously though - Dave is a straight shooter who takes fastidious care of his gear.

daveproctor

Price dropped to £700 - Cost new is £1089 plus approx £150 to get the correct flange a coding

Forgot to mention that IR filter also included

thrice

Damn where were you when I was shopping for a silver one!

C'mon people, buy this stellar lens! examples taken on 18mm Distagon:

Dave, please tell me if you'd prefer I removed these images.

daveproctor

Daniel - thanks for the pictures, it is a stunning lens.

odannyboy - I don't think the asking price for this is unreasonable based on UK prices where it is 56% of the new price including the coded flange. At the price you're quoting I'd rather keep hold of it as a backup. I don't know what the condition of the lens you refer to was but this is boxed, like new with the coded flange plus the IR filter plus the original flange

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder folks -- it is poor etiquette to comment on a price in any FS thread. If the OP is asking too much, then the free market system will handle that. If you're worried another buyer may pay too much, that is THEIR problem, not yours. Also, if you want to negotiate, then contact the seller offline, not online in public.

Let's keep this clear going forward, okay?