The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Pre-ebay sale: Leica M8.2 Safari Kit mint+

bradhusick

Before I list this on ebay, here is my set for fellow GetDPIers, one of the 500 Safari M8.2 sets ever made. Totally complete, totally mint (except for super-slight wear on the neck strap), in the original boxes including the outer brown cardboard box, blank reg cards, Billingham case never ever used. These listed for $10,000 and when they were available sold for $8995. There's one on ebay now for $8900. I will sell it for a little less if someone is interested. PM me if you have had your eyes on this for a while.

By the way, aside from the silly white M8, this is the only way to get a silver anodized 28mm elmarit (super light weight, not like the silver-on-brass ones!)

Sorry, I can't break up the set.

This is pictured with my 90 macro and Luigi case, but the kit comes with the 28 elmarit silver anodized lens. I would also consider selling the Luigi case with it.

I may consider a trade that includes a mint Canon 1Ds Mark IV or Nikon D3S with a long pro lens. I have a need for some sports shooting capability. PM if interested.

Last edited:

bradhusick

Re: Pre-ebay sale: Leica M8.2 Safari Kit mint+

Okay, selling here for $7999 net to me for GetDPI members.

R

rwsphotography

Brad,

You are giving this Safari away!!! Man, I wish I had the cash. The original deal you offered me was sweet, but this is nuts!!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO BUY THIS FROM BRAD.... I bought an M8 from him over a year ago and it is the best M8 going. I was at my Leica shop yesterday and the guys that work there think someone must have sprinkled "magic dust" on it. Brad takes extremely great care of his equipment and knows how to acquire the best.

Brad - I just traded my beloved MP for a X1 and a V-LUX 20 (for the wife) yesterday - I'm sad, but the X1 is nuts.

bradhusick

Ralph, thanks for the very kind words. My needs have expanded to include some sports so I need to fund a Canon boat anchor. ;)

I am so glad the M8 you bought is a gem! That makes me happy.

If you get the "need" again, I have a friend with a never-used MP classic (no meter!) that might part with it.

All the best.
-Brad