The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss ZM 18mm with Milich 6 bit bayonet

charlesphoto

For sale mint condition Zeiss 18mm ZM. Glass perfect (UV/IR filter always on), a few miniscule bright spots on the barrel (see pic) and small gouges on the aperture ring (more noticeable in photos than by eye). Comes with Milich brass bayonet, currently coded as a WATE (coding not pretty, I know, but it works, easy to recode). Brings up 50 frame lines. Also will include the original Zeiss bayonet and original caps and box. Lens is amazingly sharp.

$975 includes paypal and shipping CONUS. B+W 58mm UV/IR filter $25 with sale of lens. Worldwide add $20.

charlesphoto

No. I just don't shoot over 24mm (have an Elmarit for that) with the M9. This was perfect for the M8. If I need wider the D3 with 14-24 comes out.

Amazing lens though. Here are a couple of samples with M8 from Istanbul.

ashwinrao1

Agreed. I struggled to find opportunities for the WATE myself. I suspect that 24 is as wide as I'd wish to go with rangefinders, and like you, my 24 elmarit will suffice....for now...

jeffvk

This lens is around $1300 on Pop Flash.
Charles is a great guy to deal with and just look at his pictures.