The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Olympus Zuiko Pen 42/1.2 with µ4/3 adapter

Jonas

I'm selling a beautiful Pen lens, the great 42/1.2, in good condition. It's looking good, the glass elements are fine and the usual pitfalls (element separation and oily blades) are non existent and taken care of, respectively.

What you see is what you get; the lens is put away waiting for shipping. Please have a look at the images here.

The lens comes with Olympus Pen caps as seen in the images. There is also an RJ Pen-->µ4/3 adapter included and therefore also a rear lens cap fitting the adapter.

There are a couple of minimal scratches on the front element. The rear element seem perfect to me. There are a couple of dust particles inside but nothing to worry about, they are few.
The blades are free from oil and open and close as they are supposed to do. The focusing ring goes smoothly from one end to the other.

Shipping is EUR 22
PayPal price is EUR 395
Bank transfer (BIC/IBAN) price is EUR 382

The lens is great; you can focus pretty close (0.35m), it is a little soft and flary wide open and at f/1.4, from f/2 it is as contrasty and sharp as the best (for example the Zeiss G 45/2) but the bokeh is better.
There are two wide open samples to be seen in the "Wide open"-thread here.

If interested, drop me a PM.

EDIT: It is worth noting that I'm in Sweden. There will be no further taxes or custom fees for a buyer living in the EU!

/Jonas

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Magical lens with great price! One of my all time favorites.

Jonas, If it does not get grabbed here, these sell like hotcakes on eBay (within the EU).

BTW, on my NX10, this lens is fabulous.

With the Sony NEX3/5 (I am sure adapters will be available for it to use on the NEX', soon) it is going to fantastic.

Last edited:

Jonas

...and replied to, the lens is spoken for, we'll see how it goes. I'll update this tomorrow.

Vivek, that's some magic mushrooms for the magic lens... ;)