The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Arca-Swiss Cube

G

glowrider

Anyone interested in a never-been-used Arca cube?

Shoot me an email if so and we can discuss:

[email protected]

Lots of feedback on ebay/paypal/fredmiranda

(I'd also do a trade for a D700)

G

glowrider

My apologies - $2000 includes shipping anywhere, insurance, and paypal costs. Other offers are welcomed. I will let the market dictate the price.

G

glowrider

Aren't they $1699 new?
To the price policeman,

When in stock, yes. My price includes worldwide shipping, insurance, paypal and reflects market value with supply/demand in mind.

Further, there is a reason I included 'or best offer.' I am not in any hurry to sell and have already entertained a few offers above msrp, so, I am confident I priced the item properly.

Sparky16

To the price policeman,

When in stock, yes. My price includes worldwide shipping, insurance, paypal and reflects market value with supply/demand in mind.

Further, there is a reason I included 'or best offer.' I am not in any hurry to sell and have already entertained a few offers above msrp, so, I am confident I priced the item properly.
Hmmm.....

Your first post on this forum is to make money from the users here...I thought this forum is to buy and sell something which is not used for one, but it could be wanted by others, not to make profit, am I right?

You're a profiteer and I think you're in wrong place, *******
You belong to Flea bay, go away!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hmmm.....

Your first post on this forum is to make money from the users here...I thought this forum is to buy and sell something which is not used for one, but it could be wanted by others, not to make profit, am I right?

You're a profiteer and I think you're in wrong place, *******
You belong to Flea bay, go away!
David is a long-time contributor on FredMiranda. I don't think anyone should make judgments so quickly just because he is new here.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Cindy

Don t know David and he may well be a fine individual(I trust your opinion of him and would certainly want to give him the benefit of the doubt ). He is however bringing with him some of the worst practices from the FM buy sell forum. Floating a price above fair market value and entertaining offers sure sounds like an auction process or worse. The high offer would not necessarily win the prize.

He was pretty defensive when steve asked ...what don t I understand ..isn t this 20% above the going price. Do we have a rule that indicates comments on price aren t appropriate? His answer speaks volumes about his attitude.

I have commented on the general rules of conduct on the FM buy sell in the past. Broken deals . Buyers and sellers backing out of commitments . Accepting terms and conditions then negotiating days later. Misrepresenting product warranties.

This is a free forum and the buy sell should facilitate sales among members . Reputation is important and that includes not taking advantage of others who maybe less informed.

This is a bad start for a first post .

Roger

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I was not defending the ad. I just didn't think it was in the spirit of this forum to say "You belong to Flea bay, go away!" to a new member. If someone doesn't like the price or the product, just ignore it. It isn't our call to say "go away!".

kingsley244

I am glad that there are members here who speak out when they smell a rat. Just ignoring a potential injustice may not be good enough. They say it's better to be cautious then be sorry later.

PSon

I agree with Cindy, we should be more kind to each other and give folk a chance to clarify themselves. Even then some folks still cannot clarify themselves. We should not judge the book by its front cover. In general, in the most current price is what folks go by. However, I remember in the past where folks had to buy them at a higher price such as in this case with David. Therefore, despite the current price is $1600 but I am sure David actually paid $2000 or so based on the timeline price of this Arca Swiss Cube. Thus, from this point of view David is not making a profit. However, based on his price, the cube will not be sold because it is not realistic with the current market for a used Arca Swiss Cube. If the seller truly wants to sell his gear he will find out that the price must be within the relationships among demand, availability and condition of the gear. Furthermore, the potential buyer and especially those that have interest in the Arca Swiss Cube are very capable of judging if the price is right to buy. Therefore, I believe that the potential buyer in this forum and elsewhere will be able to make the right decision. Finally, not everyone will have good judgement but we should not be the judge for their judgement given that no one is going to get hurt especially in a forum like this one. Folks do you really think someone is going to buy a used Arca Swiss Cube for $2000 when a new one can be had for $1600? This is simply a case of bad judgement of presenting the sale but not profitable one.

Best Regards,
-Son

Last edited:

kdphotography

This is not FM. This is not LuLa. Although this forum has grown quite a bit, I like to think of it as the "GetDPI Family"---a tighter knit community of photographers with a bit more respect, ethics, comraderie, sense of humor, etc. And in that vein new members should be welcomed, and hopefully not bring "distasteful characteristics" of other forums here. (Welcome to GetDPI, David!)

That being said, the market will decide prices. And David should hopefully take comments being made about his pricing as perhaps a *hint* that he may need to investigate the FMV of his Cube a bit more. I have no problem with members "making more money" than the item's original MSRP. It happens, albeit maybe rarely, that an item appreciates in value. I know that Jack has been very astute in this regard to recognize smokin' good deals, and has also been so kind to pass along those deals in re-sale, still making a small "profit" but certainly within FMV (and often less to the GetDPI family). And it's been also noted that without the ebay commissions, the GetDPI B&S forum can offer items slightly less. Importantly, I like to think that the "GetDPI Family" means being able to buy and sell with some sense of ethics and peace of mind.

Back on point to the Cube, I think it is worth noting that GetDPI the home of the AS Cube Brotherhood. I mean, geez Jack and Guy just might be able to release an official GetDPI Cube... The Cube is one of my most treasured pieces of equipment. Don Libby has related taking long sunset walks on the beach with his Cube. And Jack even showers with his Cube... :D Chris Barrett just put together a great kit on his Cube... etc. So that being said, if there is anything SUSPECT about David, it's who in their right mind would sell their highly coveted Arca Swiss Cube??
:ROTFL:

Last edited:

aboudd

Buyer beware. Asking an outrageous price on any item is Glowrider's right. It is also our right to ignore it - and comment on it. If he has indeed had offers above the MSRP (which MSRP, the $1699.00 or the $2199.00 of old?) he should take it and move on. I agree with KD, this particular photo community seems to be a cut above the others. There is more open exchange of ideas, and to date, all of my transactions on GetDPI have been good in both directions. Without knowing this person, I would suggest he adjust his attitude and get with the spirit of the forum.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I was not defending the ad. I just didn't think it was in the spirit of this forum to say "You belong to Flea bay, go away!" to a new member. If someone doesn't like the price or the product, just ignore it. It isn't our call to say "go away!".
Cindy

I think we would normally agree on most buy sell issues(I think we had several good transactions). I think the OP sort of killed the spirit of the forum with his harsh response to Steve s pointing out the new price. If you go over to LL you will see his sharp response to MR pointing out the same thing. I felt it was in response to his comments about price police that provoked the in turn harsh response back. I didn t say it but I agree with the sentiment if not the wording of the advice to go to eBay.

I will be disappointed if the GETdpi forum buy sell adopts the standards of the FM forum.....(FYI FM has a policy that you can not comment unfavorably on price..its Ok to dupe the uninformed buyer ). On eBay its buyer beware..on the GETdpi forum I expect to be dealing with other forum members who have a reputation to deal fairly with other forum members .

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The best thing about GetDPI is our membership is awesome and pretty much self-moderates -- and generally does so with class and style as can be seen from all posts and responses here. (Though admittedly, Glowrider's response to Steve was a tad snarky -- more typical of FM -- so going forward please make sure you understand we are not FM...)

Bottom line, we adhere to the free market system approach, so folks are free to ask whatever they want for an item. Understand there may be somebody who has a shoot this weekend and absolutely has to have a Cube for it. If there are none in stock anywhere and this is the only one for sale, and the buyer is willing to pay the premium, so be it -- that is simply the laws of supply and demand at work.

However, members are also free to comment on prices or even past dealings with sellers, as long as those discussions remain polite and respectful. The main purpose for allowing that here, is the education of potentially uninformed buyers who might assume anybody selling here is offering a deal -- which is often the case.

Cheers,

kalex

The way I see it is this: Seller is treating this as an auction, highest offer, already received few offers on this over msrp. that's all fine and dandy but it doesn't belong here. this is a small community and so far works really well. better than FM does. If he is treating this as an auction then by all means go to fleabay. But I'm guessing that seller doesn't want to pay ebay/paypal fees associated with auctioning. it doesn't work like that. if u want highest bid be prepared to pay for the privileged. I really hate when sellers start doing bidding wars on items. Bidding belongs on ebay, so by all means go there and sell as much as you want.
If he did buy it for more than MSRP then he should have explained that in his post. his description and replies don't help his case