The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 35 summilux, black case, etc. (I'm expecting!...)

edmund

.... my first M8 (and RF) that is!

So, I am looking for
1. Black 35 Summilux ASPH to get started
2. Black case - Luigi vs Zhou vs ?

Any other accessory suggestions? I know there are many - but any really useful ones?

Thank you!

ashwinrao1

I suggest a Thumbs Up CSEP-1 or EP-1 from matchtechnical.com (Tim Isaac's website). Make sure your Luigi case has a cut out for the grip.

A softie release (Tim Isaac makes these, as do many others) may help as well.

I also employ the M8/9 grip....

blimey

quite frequently, a 35mm summilux asph would appear... maybe because the new comes came out and some say current version has focus issues but i cant comment since i dont have it. if you do the research, im sure you'll decided accordingly.

forget the case, go naked. i agree on thumbs UP.

dseelig

I have a titanium I am going to sell. Beautiful shape but not black it is 6 bit coded and no focus issues. Box case all that stuff. Good Luck David great lens.

edmund

Thanks for the advice everyone!

So, my M8 just arrived!... yet still have to get a lens.

Im also in the market for a Noctilux F1.

ShiroKuro

Edmund Look forward to hearing how you like the M8 ..seeing as how this is your first RF.... I have been wanting to try one out myself ....Having a an M8 and no lens ; ) anyway enjoy ......

charlesphoto

Edmund,

You may want to consider a 28mm Summicron instead. I and many others found it to be the ideal replacement for the 35 on full frame. I hardly used my 35 Lux on the M8 and used the 28mm 90% of the time. I now use the 35 Lux 90% of the time on the M9 and the 28 hardly at all (and no I'm not selling it:)).

Just something to consider. The 35 is a great lesn though and you can't go wrong with it either. Good luck!

CP

edmund

Shiro - I cant wait to get the M8 out! ....
Charles - Good advice... Ill be on the look out. That is precisely what I was using on my Nikon D80 - actually my favorite is the Sigma 1.4 30mm.

How about some Leica 28mm alternatives? Like the Voigtlander Ultron?

Your photos are amazing by the way!