The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Photographer's Ultimate Flashlight (torch) - Surefire U2

bradhusick

This is a bit of an unusual listing, but I consider this to be the photographer's ultimate flashlight because you can dial the brightness of the LED from a night-vision-preserving 2 lumens all the way to a blinding 100 lumens.

Surefire flashlights are the gold standard of flashlights, machined from solid aircraft grade aluminum and hard anodized to military standards. In fact, they're standard issue to US combat soldiers.

Specifications

Max Output 100 lumens
Low Output / Runtime 2 lumens / 175 hours
Tactical Runtime* 2 hours
Length 6 inches
Bezel Diameter 1.47 inches
Weight w/Batteries 5.7 ounces
Batteries 2, CR123A

*Total runtime (at highest setting for multiple-output flashlights) until output drops below 50 lumens

Description
U2-BK-WH
The U2 is a variable-output flashlight that provides six levels of light output. It uses a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitter and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce a consistently smooth beam at any level. A rotating selector ring just below the flashlight head provides no-look control of output levels: twist to change beam intensity from an ultra long-runtime 2-lumen low beam suitable for map reading, to intermediate-output beams, all the way to a brilliant 100-lumen high beam—five times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight. Its pushbutton tailcap click switch provides secure, ergonomic activation control: press for momentary-on, press further to click constant-on.
Features

* Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
* Six output levels—highest for maximum light, lowest for longest runtime
* Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
* Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
* High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
* Selector ring provides no-look control of output level
* Tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on, press further to click constant-on
* Heavy-duty stainless steel clip provides multiple carry options
* Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life

My U2 is just like brand new, in the box. New price is $250. My GetDPI price $175 shipped in CONUS, with two brand new sets of batteries.

I know - that sounds like an awful lot for a flashlight, but once you own a Surefire, you will never settle for less.

Last edited:

bradhusick

Re: FS: Photographer's Ultimate Flashlight (torch) - Surefire U2

Something like this? Surefire's got you covered.

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
Re: FS: Photographer's Ultimate Flashlight (torch) - Surefire U2

That's the one. Need the quad rail and flip-up front BUI first... I picked the wrong hobbies from a "cheap" standpoint. :rolleyes: :D