The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS **New** Luigi half case for M8/9 with flaps for M-Mate 2 base plate

tom in mpls

I ordered a new custom half case from Luigi, but unfortunately he neglected to add the Thumbs Up cutout. He quickly admitted his error, and a replacement case is on it's way to me. As a favor, I have offered to sell the first one for him here. It will save him considerable time, hassle, and money compared to shipping it back to him. I am making zero profit from it; the payment will go from me to Luigi. Asking $325 shipped net to me. This is a discount of about $50 plus it will ship immediately without the delay that Luigi has with special orders.

Here are the details:

• Rally leather
• Built in hand grip
• NO back cover
• 2 bottom flaps for access to the battery and SD openings when used with Luigi's M-Mate 2 bottom plate. (The M-Mate 2 is NOT included.)

I have seen several Luigi cases, and this one is especially beautiful leather with lovely character and perfect workmanship. Below you can see the back and also the inside of the flaps on the bottom. Please contact me with any questions.

View attachment 31071

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Luigi wants to cut his losses on this one; apparently he faces a host of import problems if I have to ship it back. I'm his "agent", so to speak, for this item.

Here's the front side showing the built in grip.
View attachment 31083

Last edited:

bradhusick

You can actually notch the back of the case exactly where the thumbs-up thumb portion sticks out with a diagonal cutter and it works very well. In fact, it is sturdier than the Luigi cutout. This case is already stitched so it won't open any further over time. Just envision a small vertical cutout about half an inch from top to bottom and 1/8 inch side to side.

Traut

I use my TU with the case as-is. The case actually protects the body at the contact point. Grip it and rip it.

Double Negative

Not Available
What a great deal on quite a custom case. Here's a teaser... ;)

The TU cut out is very easy to do with an X-Acto knife and either "Heel Dressing" (for shoes) or a black Sharpie in a pinch.

ashwinrao1

Michael, those are lovely images.

Tom, I presume that the half case does not come with this beautiful neck strap?