The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M8.2..Virtually New,Flawless, Still Warrantied, Pick any 2 UVIR,Xtra Batt

D&A

Hi All,

***Before I get started describing this camera for sale, please let me mention if you have any questions etc. to e-mail me at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com instead of sending me a PM, because I am usually with my cell phone most of the day and it's near impossible to access and respond to PM's from my cell phone. When I get back to a regular computer periodically (and late), I can then of course look at PM's. E-mails can get a much faster read and response.

OK...On to the camera....

Since getting my M9 right after being made available to me right after purchasing my new M8.2 (black), the M8.2 has seen almost no use since new. I purchased it around Oct 2009...so there is approx. 6 months left on the Leica warrenty. I can't mention anything regarding it having any marks, flaws, or exceptions (except with the outer box....see below), since there are simply none to be found, except that a human hand picked it up and shot with it briefly. In fact, after this every brief use until the M9 arrived, the M8.2 went back into the box. Although I registered it as a new owner with Leica, I haven't even ordered my 2 free UVIR filters, so I can do that in the size of the new purchasers choosing from what Leica currently ofers to M8.2 buyers when purchasing an M8.2.

Even in my zeal to keep the M8.2 LCD glass perfect (like the rest of the camera, (the saphire LCD cover glass which is supposed to be impervious to scratches), I have installed a Giottos LCD protector. Of course if one chooses to remove this, they can. Virtually all the contents that came supplied with the M8.2 haven't even been touched or opened. I don't recall seeing a Capture LE disk inside the bo, so I don't want to assure anyone it will be there till I have a chance to look again.
I've had no issues with focusing accuracy with any of my lenses, (and I am critical), from my Zeiss 18mm f4, all the way up to my Tele Elmarit-M 135mm f4 and fast 50mm f1.1 & 1.4 (and others).

I also will include an extra Leica used battery so the buyer will receive a total of two Leica M8/M9 batteries.

*** OK, the exception mentioned above. The day I was looking at all the contents inside the outer "empty" Leica M8.2 silver and black box, he got a hold of the empty box while I was eating lunch. He decided to spice up things and to use his creative artistic talents and use his crayons all over the box (hey Leica might be interested in his new design! :). In any case I got in touch with Leica (rep), and was able to convience them to send another box after sending this new colored design to them. The only box they could supply in return was virtually identical one from the M8...which is a carbon copy except in the very corner of the box where M8.2 is usually printed (quite small) just M8 is printed. In fact the ".2" is in very small type next to the larger M8. Thats it.

My price is $3679.00 net to me plus actual shipping/insurance cost...but this includes the remaining amount of the M8.2 warrenty, (approx 6 months, give or take), an extra Leica battery and also two brand new Leica UVIR filters which I am entitled to from Lecia in the choice of sizes they have made avaialble (as of this date) and will be forwarded to the purchaser once I receive them from Leica.

If I get a chance during this hectic week, I'll try and get some pics up as soon as possible...but imagine a flawless M8.2 (black) and the box and contents as described, and you have a perfect idea of what is offered.

For reference, I have over 1300 ebay perfect positive feedbacks in over 10 years (ebay name is kxk2). I have also made many purchases and sales here on Getdpi and the other usual forums with perfect success.

*** Again please e-mail me at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com instead of sending me a PM, because I am usually with my cell phone most of the day and it's near impossible to access and respond to PM's from my cell phone.

Thanks everyone!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Re: FS: Leica M8.2..Virtually New,Flawless, Still Warrantied, Pick any 2 UVIR,Xtra Ba

Hi All,

Just wanted to mention that this camera is now sold. I thank everyone who had showed interest and communicated with me, it's appreciated!

I still have up for sale my little used boxed and pristine Nikon D3 body (see updated details & price) and also the incredable Nikon Af 200 f2 lens...both items in seperate postings.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

blimey

Re: FS: Leica M8.2..Virtually New,Flawless, Still Warrantied, Pick any 2 UVIR,Xtra Ba

:thumbs: See you Sunday at our rendezvous point in NY.

D&A

Absolutely! Looking forward to it:thumbs: Thanks!

Dave (D&A)