The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 85mm 1.4 ZF for Nikon

Stuart Richardson

It's tempting guy....tempting...but I can't do it right now. My wallet is still quite damaged after the Nikon switch and I have not sold enough to cover it all yet...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is a fine example of a market that fils to perform under low liquidity conditions. I should give "uncle" Ben Bernanke a call to see if he will open the Fed discount window for us or at least arrange a buy-out.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Still available and has to go. 850 includes shipping. This is a steal . Paypal only will ship Monday when I get home

charlesphoto

Very tempting if I didn't have the Nikon 85 f/1.8 AFD already which I'm finding to be a stellar little lens (and used at $320 a deal). You might consider it. It's also a lot more compact than the 1.4 and supposedly the performance is about the same wide open as the 1.4 is at 1.8.

With the extended iso reach on the D3 and D300 I'm not really finding super fast lenses a necessity except for the depth of field effect.

Good luck! Got any other Zeisses (wider) you are looking to unload?

D

ddk

Still available and has to go. 850 includes shipping. This is a steal . Paypal only will ship Monday when I get home
I'm curious as to why you're selling all your Zeiss glass, I have them all as well as the Nikon equivalents and outside of AF, I don't see any competition.

david

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I listed it on e-bay . you can still get it for 825 like new. Steal folks not sure why this is still here