Black M8 with recent CCD replacement and service - $2400/OBO
This is a one owner Leica M8, I purchased this camera new in July 2007. The camera is in excellent cosmetic and working condition. There is less than usual light scratches and wear, and some slight bright marks on the edges and the back where my Luigi case (not included) rubbed - this is visible in the Pics; there are no dings or dents. Note that the LCD is clean and has no scratches, I have protected it at all times with a screen protector and I use gaffer tape to secure it - you can see this in the pictures - not pretty, but it works great. This camera has no problems and received a new sensor last summer!
The M8 just came back from Leica with a full check out, below are some specific notes related to condition and history:
- I had the camera serviced in July of 2009 due to a discoloration of the LCD monitor and at that time Leica diod a full check and adjustment. Items that they note on the invoice include:
- Replaced and aligned the sensor - so it has a very late new sensor
- Replaced the LCD Monitor and Glass
- Full checkout and adjustment including speeds and light meter
About a month and 1/2 ago I sent it back to Leica due to a bit of looseness of the LCD cover as a result of the previous repair. They indicate that they:
- Replaced the LCD Cover
- Checked out the camera fully RF, Sensor Alignment Meter check, Shutter Speeds, etc
It includes all the original accessories - battery charger, battery, USB and Car Adapter cables, Leica Strap, and software (Capture One has been Registered). I will include all original paperwork and the results of the service by Leica. This is a very nice, clean Leica with a very recent clean bill of health and the authorized Leica test certifications. I am asking $2400 but WILL ENTERTAIN REASONABLE OFFERS. Buyer will pay shipping and insurance costs.