The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: M-rokkor 28mm f2.8 (leica m mount)

nandemofoto

Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm f2.8
Lens comes with both caps a hood and a leather pouch.

The lens is in good condition and doesn't have the infamous "white spots" problem.
There is however one cleaning mark on the side of the front glass (glass in not scratched the mark is on the coating).
The focus is smooth and aperture clicks solid. No oil on aperture blades.

*Price 480$

I will pay for insured international shipping and the personal payment paypal fees.

Last edited:

back alley

i have a not so great copy of a canon 28/2.8 and the cv 28/3.5...and wondering if the extra speed is worth the purchase...

kermaier

Of course you need three 28s! ;) I have all 3, plus the Canon 28/3.5, and like them all (though my Canon 28/2.8 isn't very sharp either). I really like the M-Rokkor wide open, so if you'll use the extra speed, it's worth it. I had to pay FocalPoint to clean spots off the front element, so I've got a fair bit more money sunk into mine than $480. :(

nandemofoto

No it doesn't.
I have only had it for few days, I bought in order to sell it with a little profit, (still trying to pay off my m9) but all this discussion is making me have second thoughts :confused:
I really like it wide open and how light and compact the lens is.

Anyway, I guess if I was to keep it I would file down the bayonet a little for the lens to bring 28mm lines.
I did it on my 40mm m-rokkor and it worked well.

kermaier

Anyway, I guess if I was to keep it I would file down the bayonet a little for the lens to bring 28mm lines.
I did it on my 40mm m-rokkor and it worked well.
Actually, you'd need to add some metal to the appropriate lug on the mount to bring up the 28mm frame on an M camera (unlike on the 40/2 M-Rokkor).

I have both the 28mm and 40mm, and I'm planning to send them both of to DAG one day to have the frameline actuators modified.

::Ari

nandemofoto

Interesting, I didn't think of that.
Well it hasn't been a big problem for me since the 28mm frames take all viewfinder of my m9 anyway, so all I have to do is to ignore the 35mm frames when composing the picture.

nandemofoto

UPDATE

I realized today that although there is no white spots problem, there is slight haze inside the front element. I don't think it showed in any pictures I took with this lens during last few days but you can check the full size file I posted earlier and judge for yourself.

http://www.nandemofoto.com/28.jpg

However, since the lens is not as perfect as I thought it was I don't think I can charge more than 400$ for it so the final price is *400$