The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Goerz 14" f/11 Trigor ULF Lens

I

illumquest

For sale is a rare Goerz 14" f/11 Trigor Blue Dot. Glass appears perfect with no marks, scratches or haze except for one very tiny, perhaps 1mm long, and extremely light mark on the coating of the rear element, difficult to see even in person and impossible to show with photos, aperture in excellent condition. Barrel has some light wear.

This lens has a massive image circle and will cover up to 8x20

Comes with a retaining ring. Any questions please ask. I can also be reached by phone to answer any questions before selling

Asking Price is $1600

Terry

Forum rules are such that you must provide a price. Also, being brand new to the forum it would be useful to get additional details of where you would be shipping from, willing to ship to, etc.

tom in mpls

Could you post a picture of a human standing next to the lens? I'd love to get a sense of scale. A 2 liter coke bottle will do.

I

illumquest

Sorry,

I'm asking 1600 for the lens which seems to be about 10% less than the going rate based on the few I've seen sell. I'd be shipping from Columbus, Ohio and have an excellent rating on ebay under the name illumiquest.

Tom the lens really isn't that huge, maybe 3" long.

I

illumquest

I haven't had time to shoot it yet but from all reports it's meant to be disgustingly sharp. Might have to pull out the 8x10 and give it a whirl.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
the Blue dot trigor is one of those lenses in the class of "unobtanium." If I were still shooting LF, I would buy it just to try it :D

B

bobjames

I used a 14" Blue Dot Trigor on my 8x10 ages ago. It was mounted on a Copal 3 shutter, assembled by Schneider in the US. I believe the lens was made in Switzerland by Kern. Vaguely recall paying $800, a small fortune then. Sharp lens, but prob not much better than other quality fourteen inchers. It may have been designed for reproduction photography. I'm sure it covered 11x14 at infinity.

Well, that's a lot of misinformation!