The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB- Leaf 54S For Contax 645 or Sinar eMotion22

D

ddk

Looking to a buy a Leaf 54S for Contax 645 from private or dealer, any country.

rgds, david

PS. Changed my mind on the Sinar.

Last edited:
D

ddk

Thanks Guy. The 54S seems to be the rarest; along with a bunch of 17 & 22 models I already have several offers for 75s' but don't want to deal to with those huge file sizes. I wonder if they didn't sell many 54s backs or people are on hanging on because they like them a lot.

david

www.pbase.com/ddk

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure i am after a P25 Plus or p30 plus but I am buying new, just need to decide which one and I keep bouncing back and forth. I will get a chance to try them both so that will clear it up.
But in my searching around leafs seem to be hard to find for the S models. Seems like most folks just don't sell them after they get them.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
One certainly is price. i also like the function keys better on the Phase but I certainly have not made a final decision yet and I need to see files. I also am a fan of capture one and i like the new Pro beta that has corrections built in for there lenses ala hassy style. The other is i come from the DMR and M8 and like the Kodak sensors. I also have Capture Integration coming to the workshop and would like to give them my business. I really have to shoot them next week and see for myself but I am leaning Phase way right now.

Also I am buying a kit from them that includes the New Phase/Mamiya AFD-III body and there new 80 lens. Plus a option to get a Horseman SWD with 24 or 35 digitar. Most likely the 24mm. So everything will be new and ready to go. Just have to sell my Mamiya AFD-II with current 80 mm other than that I am ready to go pretty much.

D

ddk

Out of curiosity, can I ask your reasons for not going with the Sinar?
Its partly software and partly because they just introduced new models so whatever I buy now is going to lose value quicker than the Leaf which is current. I basically need the back for a couple of jobs over the next couple of months and doubt that I'll be keeping it after its done. I did the same with Phase backs that I owned, sold them when I didn't need them. I don't use these backs for my personal work.

david

www.pbase.com/ddk